M-60 Patton on CMSF?

Wondering If is there any chance of seeing the USMC M-60 tank as used by marines during Op. Desert Storm. Maybe in the new module or something. Any version of the old Patton will be a great addition as will let the mission designers represent different conflicts and timelines.

Thanks.

That will apply to the M-113 too, used in tons of countries, will add a lot to the game. Maybe a small DLC with some of this cold war warriors?

A small pack of cold war vehicles will sell well I think. I will buy it in no time.

Me too. I tried to make a scenario based on Desert Storm some time ago, and although i never finished it because testing showed playability was poor (M1 tanks battling T-72s in wide, open deserts, not much of a challange for the US player), i definately would have enjoyed having some cold war vehicles. Especially the Javelins, wich didnt exist yet during Desert Storm, gave the american infantry supporting the tanks a significant and unrealistic advantage.

Wondering If is there any chance of seeing the USMC M-60 tank as used by marines during Op. Desert Storm. Maybe in the new module or something. Any version of the old Patton will be a great addition as will let the mission designers represent different conflicts and timelines.

Thanks.

That will apply to the M-113 too, used in tons of countries, will add a lot to the game. Maybe a small DLC with some of this cold war warriors?

And one step closer to Fulda Gap. :)

There are no plans for anything like this ever being added to CMSF as some of sort of random knickknack. If we were ever to include vehicles from different time frames, they would be as part of a new product themed specifically for that time, not a random anachronistic add-on.

There's a few reasons for this:

- We keep the scope of our games focused on the conflict presented in the storyline. Isn't a potential item that could be used in Syria 2008? Not going to be in CMSF.

- Including things like this would lead to calls/requests for more things like it. Then people will want a Russian tank appropriately old enough to fight it, then APCs to go with them, then 1980s European terrain, and so on. It would be better to just to make a fully featured game with that specific setting than try to shoehorn it into another game.

- Most pragmatically: we've already got plenty of work to do that already logically fits into our games without having to stray from the chosen setting. ;)

There are no plans for anything like this ever being added to CMSF as some of sort of random knickknack. If we were ever to include vehicles from different time frames, they would be as part of a new product themed specifically for that time, not a random anachronistic add-on.

There's a few reasons for this:

- We keep the scope of our games focused on the conflict presented in the storyline. Isn't a potential item that could be used in Syria 2008? Not going to be in CMSF.

- Including things like this would lead to calls/requests for more things like it. Then people will want a Russian tank appropriately old enough to fight it, then APCs to go with them, then 1980s European terrain, and so on. It would be better to just to make a fully featured game with that specific setting than try to shoehorn it into another game.

- Most pragmatically: we've already got plenty of work to do that already logically fits into our games without having to stray from the chosen setting. ;)

So make that fully featured game with that specific setting. Please, of course.

Well a small Turkish addon will make a lot of sense, specially in Syria!! And of course taking notice of current political situation, isn't it? And Turkey uses both M-60 and M-113. This way you can add a new country without too much work. (I think).

Of course a full new game featring Cold War warriors and maps ala Fulda gap will sell as hot cakes!!