Sign in to follow this  
Mr.X

Campaign WIP: Tiger Trail

Some days ago, I have finished most of the research for my new campaign project and started map-making. In this thread, I will search for testing volunteers from time to time and provide information about the progress.

Also, I would be pleased for any suggestions, because I would like to create the campaign as playable/enjoyable as possible.

This means, I will attach importance to:

- manageable number of units/troops

- middle sized to huge maps with the possibility to manoeuvre

- single battles, where players do not have to watch the clock too much

- as much historical accuracy as possible BUT without too much disbalance

During the campaign, the player will command elements of the heavy tank company of the SS-Totenkopf-Division, which was equipped with Tiger tanks. Attached to this core unit, there will be several other formations of the Totenkopf Division and other units belonging to the SS and the Heer. The campaign will lead the player from June 1944 in Romania to the fightings around the Grodno area in July 1944 and then to the defense battles east of Warsaw from August 1944 to September 1944.

Regards

Frank

Hey Umlaut, thanks for beeing a volunteer - I will send you a PM, when the testing stage begins ;).

May be, it will take some weeks - map working is hard work :)

Regards

Frank

So long, map making in CMRT seems to be much more fun than in CMBN - wide landscape, small villages, no bocage...;) so, the progress is faster than expected...

By the way - is there any modder here, who would like to create some "Totenkopf"-stuff ?

Regards

Frank

RirK1Kn.png

Trying to upload a picture of the first finished map (must improve my uploading skills ;) ). The small village of Razizce, northwest of Grodno. One of the places, the Tigers will meet :)

Regards

Frank

By the way - is there any modder here, who would like to create some "Totenkopf"-stuff ?

PM-me and tell what you have in mind for this scenario , sir :)

Some new impressions today ;) 30% of the map work is done...and I started with the very early testing stage...have downloaded Vein´s fantastic TK-mod...

P9Hrj4M.png

the area north of the town of Sokolka

5pMMuVQ.png

cdwmR9f.png

Regards

Frank

Some days ago, I have finished most of the research for my new campaign project and started map-making. In this thread, I will search for testing volunteers from time to time and provide information about the progress.

Also, I would be pleased for any suggestions, because I would like to create the campaign as playable/enjoyable as possible.

This means, I will attach importance to:

- manageable number of units/troops

- middle sized to huge maps with the possibility to manoeuvre

- single battles, where players do not have to watch the clock too much

- as much historical accuracy as possible BUT without too much disbalance

During the campaign, the player will command elements of the heavy tank company of the SS-Totenkopf-Division, which was equipped with Tiger tanks. Attached to this core unit, there will be several other formations of the Totenkopf Division and other units belonging to the SS and the Heer. The campaign will lead the player from June 1944 in Romania to the fightings around the Grodno area in July 1944 and then to the defense battles east of Warsaw from August 1944 to September 1944.

Regards

Frank

Very nicely done. I would gladly like to test.

@GhostRider 3/3:

Thanks, I will send you a pm when playtesting starts in some weeks. I will try to find enough testers, so every volunteer should only test 1 or maximum 2 single battles...

@Fizou and Lille: Thanks guys, I´ll do my best :) At the moment, I am already dreaming of CM maps ;) until now, three maps of > 1,5x1,5km are finished and three of about 1,2x1,2km are under construction...and some more are waiting :) So, I hope, you will have patience with me :)

Regards

Frank

Very promising, 'Mr. X'. Look forward to the release. The map is great!

By the way I researched your personal data. Your name is Franz Huebner, you live in Dusseldorf and manage a BMW parts factory. Your wife's name is Hilda. Sorry, but someone had to do it. ;)

Never finished this one😕

no Waffen-SS Module...no Time...

may be, I start again making campaigns during november...

Regards

Frank