Campaign WIP: Tiger Trail

Mr.X

Some days ago, I have finished most of the research for my new campaign project and started map-making. In this thread, I will search for testing volunteers from time to time and provide information about the progress.

Also, I would be pleased for any suggestions, because I would like to create the campaign as playable/enjoyable as possible.

This means, I will attach importance to:

- manageable number of units/troops

- middle sized to huge maps with the possibility to manoeuvre

- single battles, where players do not have to watch the clock too much

- as much historical accuracy as possible BUT without too much disbalance

During the campaign, the player will command elements of the heavy tank company of the SS-Totenkopf-Division, which was equipped with Tiger tanks. Attached to this core unit, there will be several other formations of the Totenkopf Division and other units belonging to the SS and the Heer. The campaign will lead the player from June 1944 in Romania to the fightings around the Grodno area in July 1944 and then to the defense battles east of Warsaw from August 1944 to September 1944.

Regards

Frank

So long, map making in CMRT seems to be much more fun than in CMBN - wide landscape, small villages, no bocage...;) so, the progress is faster than expected...

By the way - is there any modder here, who would like to create some "Totenkopf"-stuff ?

Regards

Frank

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Some days ago, I have finished most of the research for my new campaign project and started map-making. In this thread, I will search for testing volunteers from time to time and provide information about the progress.

Also, I would be pleased for any suggestions, because I would like to create the campaign as playable/enjoyable as possible.

This means, I will attach importance to:

- manageable number of units/troops

- middle sized to huge maps with the possibility to manoeuvre

- single battles, where players do not have to watch the clock too much

- as much historical accuracy as possible BUT without too much disbalance

During the campaign, the player will command elements of the heavy tank company of the SS-Totenkopf-Division, which was equipped with Tiger tanks. Attached to this core unit, there will be several other formations of the Totenkopf Division and other units belonging to the SS and the Heer. The campaign will lead the player from June 1944 in Romania to the fightings around the Grodno area in July 1944 and then to the defense battles east of Warsaw from August 1944 to September 1944.

Regards

Frank

Very nicely done. I would gladly like to test.

@GhostRider 3/3:

Thanks, I will send you a pm when playtesting starts in some weeks. I will try to find enough testers, so every volunteer should only test 1 or maximum 2 single battles...

@Fizou and Lille: Thanks guys, I´ll do my best :) At the moment, I am already dreaming of CM maps ;) until now, three maps of > 1,5x1,5km are finished and three of about 1,2x1,2km are under construction...and some more are waiting :) So, I hope, you will have patience with me :)

Regards

Frank

• 4 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

After about 6 years without CM (real Life, Children, work etc.) my motivation seems to be reborn 😎

So, the idea of this campaign is indeed resuscitated.

No promises about the date of release...but there‘s some time left until the new Modul is out...

On 3/4/2020 at 10:00 AM, Mr.X said:

After about 6 years without CM (real Life, Children, work etc.) my motivation seems to be reborn 😎

So, the idea of this campaign is indeed resuscitated.

No promises about the date of release...but there‘s some time left until the new Modul is out...

Looking forward to this. Great subject! If you need inspiration I recommend the new book by Douglas Nash on the IV. SS-Panzerkorps and the battles for Warsaw, July-November 1944, called 'From the Realm of a Dying Sun'. Excellent book, based upon previously unpublished material, including many contemporary German records that had been thought lost but have been recently rediscovered in Russia and made available for researchers.Must have for a Ostfronter!

P.s. I take it you are familiair with the Waffen SS mod for CMRT?

Edited by Aragorn2002

2 minutes ago, Aragorn2002 said:

Looking forward to this. Great subject! If you need inspiration I recommend the new book by Douglas Nash on the IV. SS-Panzerkorps and the battles for Warsaw, July-November 1944, called 'From the Realm of a Dying Sun'. Excellent book, based upon previously unpublished material, including many contemporary German records that had been thought lost but have been recently rediscovered in Russia and made available for researchers.Must have for a Ostfronter!

I'm reading that book now and it's very interesting. Good material for the upcoming module. Volume 2 is coming out later in the year.