CMH 1.1.0 (Custom dropbox folder fixup)

GAJ in the opponents box it says (TBD) is that correct? At some stage do you think it might be possible to add an incoming sound to the files?

Did you ever get any response from BFC on the possibility of having the saved game file in your helper actually start the game?

I notice that, in Win 8.1, CM Helper (and H2HH before it) leaves a string of happy faces down on the Task Bar when used. These apparently indicate the presence of incoming game turns, but they remain in place when CMH is closed. They disappear if moused over. This didn't happen with H2HH under Win 7.

Bug or feature?

(GREAT program, BTW. Thank you again, GAJ!)

I haven't really noticed this before, because I tend to leave H2HH/CMH running.

I can see it though: each icon is left there after you close H2HH/CMH until you mouse over it. I'll see what I can do about that.

On "Opponents" - yeah - feature for helping with "Opponents" in general are on their way.

GsJ

Hi GaJ, I have just downloaded CMH v1.1.1 for Mac: it is still (as with 1.0.6, noted by a couple of us in another "H2HH/CMH" thread) showing duplicate installs and duplicate saved games for all CMx2 titles *except* RT - which latter game is correctly just single copies of install and saved games ....

Anything to do with the different Mac install process for RT, which puts it direct into the Applications folder, and not (as previously) in a named folder of its own? The H2HH install paths of directory and executable are thus different in format for RT from those for CMSF, CMBN and CMFI. Wasn't sure if CMH is "reading" this H2HH data, or finding the installs for itself?

For example, the CMH v1.1.1 installs show both "CM Battle for Normandy" (with MG and CW sub entries), as well as "CMBN" with (MG and CW sub entries) ... etc etc. I assume each of the duplicated installs are getting their own saved games attributed to them ...

CMH is not interacting with H2HH - it reads it for itself.

Are you able to exit CMH, delete the AppState.txt file (which is in the same folder as the log file, mentioned at the top of the log window) and start again?

If after deleting AppState.txt and restarting you still get this duplicate behaviour, please send me the log.

GaJ

GaJ,

Your solution of deleting the AppState.txt file and restarting CMH worked!

Now I have just one install of each title, and one of each saved game.

Just one more point (I know, I'm being very picky ... :)): when then browsing to link the games to their dropbox folders (the CMH install didn't auto-find all of the games), the browse process opens by default at my "Documents" folder, but I thought (?) H2HH used to go direct to my (default location) dropbox folder when doing this, assuming that's where the needed game folder would be located?

I know it's only one more click to get to dropbox, but thought I'd mention it just in case CMH was intended to go direct to dropbox when game-edit browsing?

As always, thanks so much for all you do.

I'm glad that got sorted. From the few reports of this sort of thing, I can see it's not quite perfect yet, but at least it's workable :) I'll get to the bottom of that at some point.

FWIW, I also just uploaded 1.1.2, with a fix that means you don't have to restart after changing dropbox folder location (not that this is something that happens very often anyhow).

Thanks for the reminder also about opening the game browse dialog in the right place. It got broken with all that same "dropbox root" hassle. I have a note in the code saying "Fix this up" :) I better do that :)

GaJ

I love CMH. Thanks, GAJ!

One question: is there a way to make the log window NOT appear when starting the program? I just want to see the results, not the process.

For both H2HH and CMH, the programme menu bar (on a Mac: I assume the Windows version works similarly, though following PC conventions) has an "Options" section: any item in the list can be clicked to tick/untick it, in order to run/not run, respectively, that option.

"Show Log Window" is one of those options: ticked, it displays; unticked, it doesn't.

For both H2HH and CMH, the programme menu bar (on a Mac: I assume the Windows version works similarly, though following PC conventions) has an "Options" section: any item in the list can be clicked to tick/untick it, in order to run/not run, respectively, that option.

"Show Log Window" is one of those options: ticked, it displays; unticked, it doesn't.

Mine is unticked but pops up in front of the main window every time I run the program. (Windows)

Another thought (though not sure if I'm remembering this, or making it up ...) is that GaJ has arranged things so that if an error is encountered on start up, the log is shown even if unticked as an option, to show you that there is an error and to allow the log to be examined to point up what / where the error is: does your log file show an error of any sort?

Ah, that's it!

I can see the following bolded problem in the log:

Didn't find your CMFI installation: Couldn't find the Incoming/Outgoing directories at: C:\Games\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\Game Files\Incoming Email, C:\Games\Battlefront\Combat Mission Fortress Italy\Game Files\Outgoing Email

Why would would it be looking for CMFI incoming and outgoing mail in the game installation directory? Shouldn't it be looking in Documents instead?

I notice that the Mac version creates a chat file in the shared dropbox of an opponent, even if he isn't using CM Helper? It prompts emails from opponents asking what it is...

As a result, the CM Helper main screen shows a Chat icon indicating one can chat with that opponent, even though it's impossible to do so since they aren't using CM Helper..

The old HtH program never did this .. :confused:

Regards,

Doug

I'm running 1.12 on my Win7 machine and everything is working fine.

One issue though (isn't there always), I started a Red Thunder game and it shows the Red Thunder icon under "other info" but the other all ready existing CMBN games show a sad face icon with a question mark above it.

Should it be showing the CMBN icon?