Jump to content
76mm

Camera won't stop rotating!

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Apocal said:

Have you changed mice?

Yes, I have two totally separate computers, with different mice, different monitors, different graphics cards, different operating systems, and it happens on both, although it seems to happen more often on my Win7 machine.  

But I don't think it has anything to do with any of those factors--as described in one of my posts above, I'm convinced it has something to do with the hotkeys file, although I'm not sure quite what.  In any event, whenever I got rid of the hotkey file, it seemed to stop for good.  The problem is I won't play this game without hotkeys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 76mm said:

But I don't think it has anything to do with any of those factors--as described in one of my posts above, I'm convinced it has something to do with the hotkeys file, although I'm not sure quite what.  In any event, whenever I got rid of the hotkey file, it seemed to stop for good.  The problem is I won't play this game without hotkeys.

That is something we could dig into. I must have missed it or forgotten about it. So if you remove all hotkey files you get no spinning. Is that correct? Do you normally play with a set of custom hot keys that you created? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 76mm said:

Yes, I have two totally separate computers, with different mice, different monitors, different graphics cards, different operating systems, and it happens on both, although it seems to happen more often on my Win7 machine.  

But I don't think it has anything to do with any of those factors--as described in one of my posts above, I'm convinced it has something to do with the hotkeys file, although I'm not sure quite what.  In any event, whenever I got rid of the hotkey file, it seemed to stop for good.  The problem is I won't play this game without hotkeys.

Yeah, I believe you on that, I'm just thinking it has to be the result of the hotkeys file not playing nice with some weird combination of things, since you said it isn't consistent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A couple of years back I had a problem with directional hotkeys that drove me crazy. I think I finally figured out that it had its roots in the fact that I had two hotkeys files. I deleted one and the problem went away and has not returned (knocking on wood). You may have an extra file buried somewhere in the software where it is not immediately obvious, but a thorough search would turn up. Good luck; I know just how frustrating something like this can be.

Michael

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, IanL said:

Do you normally play with a set of custom hot keys that you created? 

Yeah, based on the old CMx1 hotkeys.  At one point I thought it might have been that I had duplicate hotkeys, but now I don't think that was it.

4 hours ago, Michael Emrys said:

I think I finally figured out that it had its roots in the fact that I had two hotkeys files

This is a good point--I looked at this too--at least at one point I had two hotkeys files in different directories.  I deleted one, but am not sure if that fixed it yet (part of the problem is that I have two computers and get mixed up what fixes I've tried on each one).  This is certainly worth looking into more.

I guess I shouldn't complain, but I haven't had this problem in almost a month now, so maybe it is fixed.  But probably not, now that I've jinxed myself!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of hot keys. I realized under controls - there is a possible hotkey for 'clear mines ' but it is unmapped. What does that do ?

 

im having a blast using the stalingrad mods and playing @dragonwynn campaign rattenkrieg.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, 76mm said:

Yeah, based on the old CMx1 hotkeys.  At one point I thought it might have been that I had duplicate hotkeys, but now I don't think that was it.

OK I get that. How about trying this then. Do a fresh install and leave the default hot keys alone (yeah it will suck to play during the test time - mouse and space bar baby :-) and see if you still get the problem. If you do then its something else. If you don't then we can start remapping some keys but not others trying to find out the key keys.  Or we can talk about sending your current hot key file (save it somewhere) to dev to look at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@IanL  Thanks Ian; for now though, the problem has not recurred so I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie.  If the problem comes back I will try that, although in the past the problem still occurred when I used the default hotkeys.  But I think when that happened there might have been two hotkeys files--one in the User folder and one somewhere else, maybe in the mods folder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 76mm said:

@IanL  Thanks Ian; for now though, the problem has not recurred so I'm going to let sleeping dogs lie.  

Cool, perfectly sensible plan.

1 hour ago, 76mm said:

If the problem comes back I will try that, although in the past the problem still occurred when I used the default hotkeys.  But I think when that happened there might have been two hotkeys files--one in the User folder and one somewhere else, maybe in the mods folder.

Hence the fresh install suggestion :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×