76mm

Camera won't stop rotating!

Help! I've just installed CMRT and opened up a couple of scenarios, but in both of them the camera contantly spins quickly 360 degrees, and won't stop! I've tried hitting various camera hotkeys, moving the cursor, etc., but the camera won't stop spinning.

I had a similar problem with CMFI, where the camera would constantly "slide" off to the left, but I could stop it by hitting some of the camera hotkeys.

Has anyone else had this problem? How to fix?!

76mm, have you tried picking up your monitor and spinning around, carefully matching the speed of the rotation?

Okay, sorry, couldn't help it....

I did have a somewhat similar problem way back when CMBN was first released. I can't remember if it was my mouse battery, or if I had to reinstall, but one of the two fixed it.

yeah, it is really bizarre--sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't. sometimes it stops when I hit one of the WASD keys, sometimes it doesn't...I had the same problem with CMFI, so I' really scratching my head. No other mouse problems with any other programs or games.

I had a similar issue in the past, due to interference from some other input device. Solved by setting "high priority process" under Options to "on".

I had that problem too once:

It was one of the arrow keys on my keyboard that was stuck.

Yeah, that was one of my first thoughts, but that wasn't it. Actually so far no reoccurrence after turning on the "high priority process" as suggested by akd...

The other thing that can happen is your mouse is at the edge of the screen. There is a camera control feature that lets you move the camera forward, back ward and side to side using the four edges of the screen. Further if you use the top left or top right edge the camera spins. Drives me nuts. Because I usually push my mouse cursor off to the side when I am trying to see better.

I have written about this before in the hopes that they would remove that feature or at least make it optional but Steve uses it himself apparently and he does not want to remove it.

So next time it happens grab your mouse and put it in the middle of the screen. If things stop spinning then this was the problem. If not - bummer some kind of bug.

I have the same issue and started a different thread which I hope is now dead.

As I stated there, the out of control camera rotation (or spinning map as I call it) seems to happen after I have been in a web browser.

I have full control of my mouse cursor when this happens (not in a corner). I am able to open the menu, etc.

I placed the mouse priority On (faster) in the game as suggested. This did not resolve the issue.

I tried the WASD keys and, for the first time ever, it stopped rotating when I hit the A key. I don't know if this will work all the time but anything is better than nothing.

I do have other game controllers on my system and will see if I can effect things with those the next time around.

Thanks for all the ideas and input guys.

I had this issue as well, it's really bad and occurs on all saved games. It started after I saved and started up a few days later and nothing changed with my setup. I have a modified hotkeys.txt file, and switched back to the original copy of the file which stopped the problem. It was a lucky guess, but worked - for me anyways.

Good to hear Stryker. I have never altered my hotkey file. I have found pressing one of the QWEASDZXC keys has about a 70-30 percent chance of stopping the rotation, otherwise it's back to a reboot.

as much as I love the combat mission games I have been fighting the camera more than the germans

if you are on a mac I found this workaround if the camera is rotating to the right

hold down the opposite the key that rotates the camera the opposite way and command tab the game and it usually works for me

Sometimes it's not just spinning but it goes to an overhead view looking down on the map at the most extreme distance. Any key used to go back to ground level will work for a fraction of a second and then pop, right back to the overhead view. I didn't mention this previously as I mentally grouped it with the same issue but it maybe something separate.

Sometimes it's not just spinning but it goes to an overhead view looking down on the map at the most extreme distance. Any key used to go back to ground level will work for a fraction of a second and then pop, right back to the overhead view. I didn't mention this previously as I mentally grouped it with the same issue but it maybe something separate.

I've just had this problem recur, and I can't get it to stop--it is driving me crazy, and the game is completely unplayable.  Has anyone ever resolved this once and for all?

I have had that happen from a couple of times.  For me there were two causes - one totally unknown and a restart of the game fixed it.  The other was crumbs stuck in the keyboard that was messing with the keys.  So if it is not the cat check for crackers - I hear vacuuming can be effective.

Guys, give me a break, no cats or crumbs involved.  When I rebooted my computer (not restarted the game) the problem went away, but if I have to reboot my computer every time I want to play this game, I'm not going to play very much.

76mm I have the same problem quite often.  I just keep clicking the Z,X,C & V button along with hitting the shift and alt button and it finally stops.  I wish I could tell you exactly what to hit but I'm so pissed when I'm doing it I go

really fast and don't actually determine what stops it.  I'll pay more attention next time but that's about all the help I can be.  Sorry.