German Heer Uniform Mod

EZ

EZ,

Question? Am I installing this mod correct? I copy your ezuniformGerman Folder into my Z folder CM-CW-MG Ver 2.12? I notice the sub folders Boot,Bump,Gear, Uniform.

do I just leave them in the main folder?

Thank's for any feedback.

Regards

Lane

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EZ,

Question? Am I installing this mod correct? I copy your ezuniformGerman Folder into my Z folder CM-CW-MG Ver 2.12? I notice the sub folders Boot,Bump,Gear, Uniform.

do I just leave them in the main folder?

Thank's for any feedback.

Regards

Lane

Yes

The sub-folders in the Mod are for organizational proposes. If you leave them in the Main you will be OK. However it’s the files that the game looks for so you can change the names of the folders, or take all the files out and put them in one big folder, does not matter.

Hopefully that answered your question. The most common problem you will have with Mods is 2 or more trying to do the same thing.

Most Mods I have are currently of line, but if you think you like the german Heer Uniform Mod. Then you can find a US Uniform Mod for the Normandy game here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/cr0i1sghiscth6h/ezUniformUSA.zip

It will have the same look and feel as the German Uniform Mod. Both I consider not done but maybe one day.

Not sure what to tell you, I don’t have CMRT so I am not sure what problems you are seeing. Mod was made for Normandy Game which in the current ver 2.12 it does have a bump map bug in it. The bug puts vehicle bump maps on roof tops, but also reverses the shadow position on infantry bumps when in a house or say under a tree.

On the build prior to 2.12 when an infantry guy was under a tree or in a house ,,,shadow and bump mapping seemed to turn off. Now what happens is the bump stays on but reverses the shadow position. Example Let’s say your guy is outside and he has sun on his back, he then moves into a building THE BUG now puts dark shadow where light was. Does that sound like what you see? If I saw a picture it might help.

Anyway I will check my end and in the meantime will also take down all Mods and wait and see if bug ever gets fixed.

I tried the uniform mod in CMRT and don't see any problems. Everything's looking fine on my end.

What CAN happen, though, is that if you ALT-TAB out of the game (repeatedly) the bump maps MAY get screwed. At least that's what happens for me sometimes. With vehicles as well.

I haven't noticed that shadow bug but will take a closer look now that it has been brought to my attention.

Here is a picture that shows what I refer to as a bumpMap bug. The only file Modded in this picture is one infantry guy to help illustrate. All 4 of these guys are inside a building which should turn off their shadowing but as you see it stays on and reverses position. Shadows show where light would be if they were outside the building. If you look close it is also happening to the gear and helmet. I have also seen it show up on some atg.

13849088333_a57c284607_o.jpg

I see. Yes, I have the same issue, although I didn't really notice it before because I usually am not playing zoomed in that far.

BUT: Nothing is perfect and you won't be able to make it so. I don't know if stopping with your mods is the right way. it may be for you and that's perfectly fine. But your mods make the game so much better for so may out there even if not everything is 100% perfect - shouldn't that be reward enough?

In CMx1, LOTS of things weren't perfect, but that didn't stop peopl fromg etting the best out of the game as they could and always trying to push the limit even further. Some things worked, others didn't.

If I look at the CMx2 3D models for example - I could literally find hundreds of things that I don't like or would like to be different, but I know that can't be cahnged unless I learn to do 3D models myself. So I learn to live with it and do the best I can with what I have.

"Be content with whatever you're dissatisfied with and you'll live a happy life" a wise man once said... :D

Not sure what to tell you, I don’t have CMRT so I am not sure what problems you are seeing. Mod was made for Normandy Game which in the current ver 2.12 it does have a bump map bug in it. The bug puts vehicle bump maps on roof tops, but also reverses the shadow position on infantry bumps when in a house or say under a tree.

On the build prior to 2.12 when an infantry guy was under a tree or in a house ,,,shadow and bump mapping seemed to turn off. Now what happens is the bump stays on but reverses the shadow position. Example Let’s say your guy is outside and he has sun on his back, he then moves into a building THE BUG now puts dark shadow where light was. Does that sound like what you see? If I saw a picture it might help.

Anyway I will check my end and in the meantime will also take down all Mods and wait and see if bug ever gets fixed.

Hey EZ, at least some of the bump mapping problem was fixed in RT (no more vehicle bumps on roofs). I read somewhere in and amongst the RT threads that the shaders problem arises when there is no normal map for the mod...at least that is how I understood it. I hope you will continue modding; I always loved your stuff. The best uniforms out there!:)

I read somewhere in and amongst the RT threads that the shaders problem arises when there is no normal map for the mod...at least that is how I understood it.

rgr

It is probably low on the list to fix since it is more or less an eye candy issue but one thing I did notice, when I unpacked all .brz files and then assembled them all together, is that there was a lot of missing Bump map files. So if the cause is simply missing Bump Maps that should be an easy fix.

I am 99% sure it’s not my Mod or others causing the problem because it shows up in an UnModded Game.

Anyway Thanks, I am going to go in lurker Mode for awhile until 3.0

Now THAT is awesome. One can't have enough differrent camo smocks!

Are you planning on doing all the variations of the different patterns? talking about the so-called "Oak Leaf A/B", and "Palm Tree 1/2", "3/4", "5/6" plus the fall variants...?

And if you need help, don't hesitate to ask.

I will try to make a pattern set for each type pattern except the palm and that will include the various color styles. I am using this basic reference guide to research each pattern.

www.artizandesigns.com/guides/germanpatterns.pdf

They will be my best interpretation of the pattern type. The first complete set will look similar to the game as it is now, but I will make a lot of extra stuff as time goes by so people can use the tag system to display what they want.

I will try to make a pattern set for each type pattern except the palm and that will include the various color styles. I am using this basic reference guide to research each pattern.

www.artizandesigns.com/guides/germanpatterns.pdf

They will be my best interpretation of the pattern type. The first complete set will look similar to the game as it is now, but I will make a lot of extra stuff as time goes by so people can use the tag system to display what they want.

This is great news EZ. Will it include something for the FJ?

Thanks again for making your mods available!

Your welcome, it is easy to Mod something that is good to begin with, and these are still a (WIP) but hopefully I will finish before I walk away and start something else. The next set will have SS and the Panzer Grenadier.