Saferight's Mods

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I figured that's what you meant since in swedish, folder is called mapp and I think that's from german and since you are from holland the languages are close so map would be a likely choice :)

Absolutely. Folder is map in Dutch too. I'm a big fan of Wallander and it always strikes me how many similarities there are between Swedish, German and Dutch. ;-)

Absolutely. Folder is map in Dutch too. I'm a big fan of Wallander and it always strikes me how many similarities there are between Swedish, German and Dutch. ;-)

Well it was tribes from the germany area that originally populated sweden from the south (not counting the northern lapps here) so it stands to reason that the swedish language would form with germanic roots.

Add to that the long periods of trade and diplomacy to the south and you have a good breeding ground for a mixed language. (which is also why we have plenty of english and french in there)

Well ive started to work on something else again. I like the russian voices in game but one thing i thought was lacking was some loud bellowing shouts of uraaaaahhhhh and za stalina etc. coming from my pixelsoldaty. I immediately thought of the awesome voice work from red orchestra 2.

Kinda intended just do that but after digging around in the sounds and seeing others have only taken bits and pieces i figured what the heck. Theres a massive amount of audio in that game so i have to sorta control myself from packing way to much into the mods im making from it.

Im uploading i think all the soviet theme music to GaJs now and probably the german ones after i trim it down a good bit. The voices and everything else are going to take awhile.....

• 2 weeks later...

@fizou ya a bit i have all the incoming grenade! And casualties sounds done i think. I really havent much time to get on the computer since i started this. working around 50+ hours a week along with all the general schiesse that life throws at ya doesnt leave me free time. Let me see if i can muster the energy to make a video of the soviet casualty sounds.

@oddball im definitely going to give that a try i have all the files unpacked and converted. I am tempted to jump on that since it would be quicker but i want to focus on finishing the voices once i get some free time again.

I also wanted to ask for the help from any russian speakers on the forum as the ro2 files arent exactly named in way that makes it obvious to what they mean. Im having to do this off my very basic understanding of russian and comparing the files with the stock ones in cmrt to see what would go where. I would ask baron but hes gone is there anyone else on here who does?

Edit: not sure anyone noticied but i took down the music on gaj's they were the wrong bit rate i think and had honestly too many choices.