Saferight's Mods

The smartass answer is always appreciated, but am not sure that you understood the question. eg: If inside the main Z folder one has a Z SUBFOLDER, and inside that Z SUBFOLDER on has an "old" mod file - eg "MOD OLD".

In addition one has a Z DESIRED MOD FOLDER that contain a "new" mod (eg: "MOD NEW") that one wants to try out.

Now, suppose I want to try out "MOD NEW" that is in the Z DESIRED MODS folder so that it appears in the game replacing "MOD OLD" that resides in a Z SUBFOLDER.

Is it sufficient to rename the DESIRED MOD folder "ZZ DESIRED MOD"? ie: Will the two "ZZ's" make ALL mods including "MOD NEW" in the DESIRED MOD folder load last and therefore appear in the game replacing "MOD OLD"?

OR... Does one have to rename the actual mod folder ("MOD NEW") that resides in the DESIRED MOD folder to "Z MOD NEW" so that it replaces "MOD OLD" (in one of the other folders)?

You can have any number of the same "mod" in the Z folder and the game will still only pick the one with the highest "alphabet" letter in the start of the folder name.

So I, for example, have a full set of mods in the Z folder for CMBN that I'm happy with.

Anything new I add goes in a folder named ZZZZ Newly Added.

That means that anything I put in that folder overrides anything else I have in the Z folder.

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The smartass answer is always appreciated, but am not sure that you understood the question. eg: If inside the main Z folder one has a Z SUBFOLDER, and inside that Z SUBFOLDER on has an "old" mod file - eg "MOD OLD".

In addition one has a Z DESIRED MOD FOLDER that contain a "new" mod (eg: "MOD NEW") that one wants to try out.

Now, suppose I want to try out "MOD NEW" that is in the Z DESIRED MODS folder so that it appears in the game replacing "MOD OLD" that resides in a Z SUBFOLDER.

Is it sufficient to rename the DESIRED MOD folder "ZZ DESIRED MOD"? ie: Will the two "ZZ's" make ALL mods including "MOD NEW" in the DESIRED MOD folder load last and therefore appear in the game replacing "MOD OLD"?

OR... Does one have to rename the actual mod folder ("MOD NEW") that resides in the DESIRED MOD folder to "Z MOD NEW" so that it replaces "MOD OLD" (in one of the other folders)?

I wasn't being a smartass, apparently you lost me. But You over complicate things. Do what Oddball suggested which is what I do. I have the z folder with the mods I always use in it and if I want to overwrite them for some reason and don't want to remove them, I have a ZZ sub-folder where I put other stuff. That's all you need.

Mord.

I wasn't being a smartass, apparently you lost me. But You over complicate things. Do what Oddball suggested which is what I do. I have the z folder with the mods I always use in it and if I want to overwrite them for some reason and don't want to remove them, I have a ZZ Folder where I put other stuff. That's all you need.

Mord.

So with this ZZ folder you can test new stuff without having to move your current stuff back and forth?

So with this ZZ folder you can test new stuff without having to move your current stuff back and forth?

Yup.

And even better, you can create a ZZZ folder and whatever you put in there will override the ZZ folder :D

Basically the game goes through everything alphabetically and puts it in the game, using the last entry as the valid one.

Yeah, it's a very simple system and a 1000 times better than the old CMX1 way. And man, if you screwed something up in CMX1 loading a mod it could take a while to find the fix. Everything was numbers...a big PIA figuring out what was what.

Mord.

Yeah, it's a very simple system and a 1000 times better than the old CMX1 way. And man, if you screwed something up in CMX1 loading a mod it could take a while to find the fix. Everything was numbers...a big PIA figuring out what was what.

Mord.

I still have my old "what number is what sound" list from the "good old days" :D

I still have my old "what number is what sound" list from the "good old days" :D

500s were screams weren't they? That's about all I remember. I'll take the actual names on the files over that number system any day!

"Oh, no, the hetzer mod has pinkies around the bogies...I need to replace it. Now, was that 114000 or was it 14000 or 1400?" Let me scroll through four thousand files and see if I can find it."

Mord.

"...if I want to overwrite them for some reason and don't want to remove them, I have a ZZ sub-folder where I put other stuff. That's all you need."

That's the clear answer I was hoping for. Thank you guys.

(I had been doing both "just to be sure"... putting desired new mods in a ZZ "Test Mods" folder PLUS adding ZZ's to the actual mod folder that was inside the ZZ "Test" folder as well. Glad I don't have to do the latter.)

Back to the hit decals, ive started to collect some sample photos from ww2 of ko'd vehicles. I used the turrets of a t-55 and 72 the finns tested for the stuff i already released. I think the ww2 era photos are going to provide some much nicer and authentic penetrations for the game. Ill keep you guys posted with the progress.

Wow. The hole looks great. But, would a tank still be driving round with a hole that big in it? Would smaller holes be more appropriate?

i'm assuming your talking about the 1st pic. that would be from a 122mm shell shot by a IS-2. the crew of the Panther bailed immediately after i took the pic.