Sign in to follow this  
claystone

Can't get game to work!!!

I'm keep getting a "Dialog" box that says:

"CM Normandy.exe Has Stopped Working

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

I receive this message everytime i try to launch the game.

Here is what happen. I purchase the CMBN with Market Garden Bundle game. Paid for the download and mailing. I downloaded the package. I read the instructions on how to install each section.

1. Install Commonwealth

2. Install 1.11 patch

3. Install Market Garden

4. Install 2.12 patch

5. Launch the game.

6. Input lic.

I never got pass #5. And yes i made sure when i installed each section i DID NOT allow the game to launch at anytime until the last install was completed.

My laptop im using is:

Toshiba Satelite U845W-S400

64-Bit operation system

Windows 7 home edition

6GB

I don't have any games installed on this system so my memory is free up.

Now i also tried to install it on my other machine that is:

Toshiba Satellite P855

8GB

64- Bit

Windows 7 Professional

I get the same message. That is 2 different machines.

Am I out $105???

You need to go to their help site and start a ticket.

Several months ago I had similiar problem - same message. My other symptom was I couldn't watch you-tube videos. Everything else on my computer worked but CM and youtube - very strange.

My problem was hardware. My external USB HD was failing. I only use it for back up and didn't notice. I was going to rebuild my C drive thats when I noticed the USB drive was down. I opened up the USB drive disconnected the power /USB interface board and connected the drive internally with a SATA cable. Everything worked.

Advise: open a trouble ticket.

^^^

Open a ticket. You WILL get assistance and it will get resolved. With CMRT having just been released, you may have a longer than normal wait time. It may not be within the end of the day you open the ticket.

I've heard of others having the issue you describe. I'm NOT a techie, just going off memory, but some resolutions involved the wrong date/time setting on the computers (used to keep from "rolling back" and doing some skullduggery), antivirus conflicts, or hardware/driver issues. As far as I know, all of them got resolved.

Good luck.

You start your installation list off with 1. Install Commonwealth.

But, did you install the base game??

The first one has the base game included with Commonwealth. The package i bought is the whole series not including Red Thunder.

Re-installed my Combat Mission games as part of new PC purchase and I have had that same message:

a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Can it be confirmed that I need to modify the Data Protection settings? Extreme frustration is setting in at this point. I have burned through 2 activations, CMBN and CMFI would not start, and the Battlefront helpdesk won't even let me login to create a new trouble ticket. Been a Combat Mission customer/enthusiast since 1999 and have never been more frustrated. Any help you folks could offer would be much appreciated. I will continue to try to create a help desk ticket.

piner

Battlefront Support Forums:

I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron 3847 PC running Windows 7 64 bit, Home Premium and I am trying to re-install all of my Combat Mission games to the new system. Unfortunately I am having an extremely difficult time getting Combat Mission installed to the new supplemental SSD drive that I purchased explicitly to run my Combat Mission games. This SSD Drive is the Samsung 840 EVO (250GB). When I first started this process, I was not aware of a particular Battlefront recommended sequence. My goal is as follows:

1. Re-install CMBN

2. Re-install CMBM patches

3. Re-install CMBN Commonwealth module.

4. Re-install CMBN Commonwealth patches.

5. Re-install CMBN v2.0 upgrade

6. Re-install CMBN Market Garden module

7. Re-install CMBN Market Garden patches (if any, don't recall)

8. Re-install CMFI

9. Re-install CMFI patches

10. Re-install CMFI Gustav Line module.

11. Re-install CMFI Gustav Line patches (if any, don't recall)

12. Install for first time CMRT and patches if any.

The events that have occurred so far:

1. I re-installed CMBN v1.0, activated successfully, and tested a scenario. (All Good)

2. Tried to install the CMBN v1.11 patch. Install appeared successful, but when I tried to launch game, I get the following poput dialog box:

3. I then tried to install CMFI, thinking that maybe the problem was just confined to CMBN. Same issues. I activated this successfully as well.

4. Un-installed both CMBN and CMFI.

At this point I have burned through 2 activations and I can't get any of my Combat Mission games installed on this SSD. In hind sight I found a recommended re-install sequence on the Battlefront Tech Forum, but at this point my Combat Mission installation is completely wedged. I hope the registry is not poisoned from this failed re-installation. Not sure how to proceed. Can someone please offer me some type of guidance on how to proceed to get my CM games, modules, and patches installed on this new PC. I really appreciate any help that you folks may be able to offer. Very frustrated at this point.

Also, this forum account for some reason will also not allow me to create a new thread at the "CM Normandy Tech Support" level, so I have only the rights to posts replies here. Very strange.

Thanks in advance

piner

If you go and open a ticket on the Help Desk, I'm standing by to help right now. If you don't see this post right away don't worry. I'll be looking for it for the rest of the day. I have a couple of thoughts that might be helpful. And don't worry about the activations. If you are doing them on the same computer it will only use 1.....no matter how many times you install and uninstall the game.

http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk/

I'll look for your ticket. Please mention this post.

Edit: I missed the part about you not being able to create a ticket. Check you PM folder.

Hi Elvis,

Thank you for your quick response. It is very much appreciated. I created a new trouble ticket, # MUG-421006.

piner

Got it and responded.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this