RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

8 hours ago, Freyberg said:

Brutal - and I can only imagine how many times you had to pause the game to get that awesome shot of the canister so close...

+1  True  :D  :lol:.  I would get a lot further with scenario design / game play if I didn't keep stopping to take screenshots.  There are just so many cool things that go on down at ground level with almost every fire team and every vehicle on every turn.  Its very cool that in WEGO you can rewind the action and follow a different fire team / vehicle.  But before you know it you've spent 20 RL minutes watching one minute of game play.  :)    

What makes the pic so good is that when the BG is hazy it gives a very realistic-looking sense of depth and 3D.

I think that fog in the game makes everything hazy including close up items.  In the pic it seems that the haze starts after the hedgerow.  So, am assuming this pic has been worked on.  Is that correct?

1 hour ago, Erwin said:

What makes the pic so good is that when the BG is hazy it gives a very realistic-looking sense of depth and 3D.

Which BG did you have in mind? And what did they take to get them "hazy"?

"Talk about that night in West End Central, they busted Lulu then they busted me."  

4 hours ago, Erwin said:

I think that fog in the game makes everything hazy including close up items.  In the pic it seems that the haze starts after the hedgerow.  So, am assuming this pic has been worked on.  Is that correct?

Nope! These screenshots have not been edited in post, with the exception of cropping. In addition, all but one of these pics are 100% vanilla. The exception is my recent Black Sea screenshot, which was taken with Reshade enabled (inspired by HerrTom).

What's with the haze, then?

Notice the shell craters and rubble, around the field gun. This urban area was pristine before the Germans responded to the battery with artillery, mortars, STuG and Panther fire. What you are seeing is the cloud of debris that was lingering around the field gun. Its own desperate fire on a defiant Panther adding to the fog of war.

18 minutes ago, DerKommissar said:

What you are seeing is the cloud of debris that was lingering around the field gun. Its own desperate fire on a defiant Panther adding to the fog of war.

Interesting... it gives the illusion of depth and makes the pic look very real.