RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

On 2/21/2020 at 9:07 PM, MOS:96B2P said:

Platoon HQ team fighting to hold the command post.

ZSFx83Uh.jpg

I love very much your mixed "helmets" mod I supposed  that you were working on the mdr files isn't?

Hope to have the possibility to download it soon !!

6 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

I supposed  that you were working on the mdr files isn't?

No 100% but I think what @MOS:96B2P did here is using "blank" .bmp textures for some of the helmet texture versions. By using these blanks the object/model ingame becomes invisible. It is an handy workaround for many ideas.

Edited by Aquila-SmartWargames

2 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

Yep, this. 

Yes now I remember, to let "desapear" some objects like showel, backpack, cartridge pouches... we can do the same, but I didn't know about helmets, or to be honest, what not thinking about, is very interresting to make a "mix"  in this way we can also created some, head wrap for terrorists, ...or Harley  drivers ;)

Did you already made this mod  or do I can added a blank picture helmet myself, to have the same result ?

2 hours ago, Aquila-SmartWargames said:

No 100% but I think what @MOS:96B2P did here is using "blank" .bmp textures for some of the helmet texture versions. By using these blanks the object/model ingame becomes invisible. It is an handy workaround for many ideas.

Thank you to this infos I didn't know this working also for  helmets...

2 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Yes now I remember, to let "desapear" some objects like showel, backpack, cartridge pouches... we can do the same, but I didn't know about helmets, or to be honest, what not thinking about, is very interresting to make a "mix"  in this way we can also created some, head wrap for terrorists, ...or Harley  drivers ;)

Did you already made this mod  or do I can added a blank picture helmet myself, to have the same result ?

I made the mod and tagged it for the scenario.  I was going to release it with the scenario.  The mod has a mix of @benpark helmets and no helmets.  It is made to work with Aris dirty/wounded faces.    

• 2 weeks later...

After a few point blank rounds are put into the position, Soviet troops make another attempt to take a hard point that has been giving them hell. All is looking good until another defender is spotted deeper in. The advancing Russians quickly dispatch the dazed enemy rifleman. But, suddenly, point blank MG 42 fire from a hidden position rips through them, cutting down two attackers. As the friendly "insurance" team rushes in the back door, the German gunner is spotted loading a new belt of ammo. It's not looking good for him...

Terminator_42_1.thumb.jpg.bc76da677ecca4301bdf79545a98c675.jpg

However, confusion reigns. The first attacking team is stunned and unable to react quickly. The second has not yet spotted the threat. The German machine gunner, on the other hand, is a crack trooper and in the zone. With steel nerves, he finishes loading the belt and rises to fire.

Terminator_42_2.thumb.jpg.9b7bb94364f68acac2de1167a3986446.jpg

He cuts the nearest Soviet in half as the man desperately attempts to flee.

Terminator_42_3.thumb.jpg.ae04209097729779e7283fb95db1724e.jpg

Then, with lightning speed, he delivers the same execution to the second-nearest man, who claws the floor, paralyzed with fear. But now, the second Soviet team is closing in.  A Russian rifleman peers through the smoke and slowly lifts his weapon...stepping on broken glass as he does so. The sound reaches the German's ears and he instinctively spins around to its location.

Terminator_42_4.thumb.jpg.79e3d6f15395111cc6049419f47aea6f.jpg

As the smoke dissipates, the Soviet hesitates, for fear of attacking a friendly. The German, who knows is alone, does not.

Terminator_42_5.thumb.jpg.146cec972f52d62f60d524d989abbad1.jpg

It is a fatal mistake for the thoughtful Russian.

Terminator_42_6.thumb.jpg.24d4794e2b994f8229fe9bf54c74aab6.jpg

But now, time has run out for the German. He is fast and deadly, but the last two Soviets keep their nerve and aim true. It is the end for him. Another stepping stone is gained at heavy, heavy cost.

Terminator_42_7.thumb.jpg.89b7117bfcae86c2e4aa8cfe3b291228.jpg

Meanwhile, a fresh T-34 moves up to provide overwatch for the next street crossing. It's been quiet there and a friendly assault gun in the desired position has not been attacked. The Soviet tank rounds the corner and approaches its final destination. As it does so, the distinct sound of a panzerschreck is heard from a keyhole position across the street. The German had been patiently waiting in his hiding place.

Bye-bye 70 rounds of HE and 3,000 MG rounds. Every time I break the "send the tank with lowest ammo" rule...

Schrecked.jpg.2e1384ec90a0d152812ec0710a4033df.jpg

1 hour ago, Warts 'n' all said:

More great story telling. Thanks Mac.

Thanks! I'm finally picking back up on the battle I posted a storyline from way back when. The German arty punished my guys pretty badly, but didn't collapse the building where I had so many troops and commanders (I was being sloppy, 'cause AI). After taking stock, I have enough combat power left to keep going. I can't really show much more though, as it would give away too many map secrets.

41 minutes ago, Erwin said:

That sounds familiar.  :)

Yeah, it's amazing how you can tell yourself this stuff over and over again and yet...you still just can't resist sometimes. My spider sense was way tingling, but I ignored it to my tank's misfortune.

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, George MC said:

Wee quick and dirty video showing some early Jagdpanzer IVs moving forward whilst supporting an attack by a SPW unit. 

8 minutes ago, George MC said:

Another video showing the attacking SPW the Jagdpanzer IVs above were moving up to provide overwatch for.  

+2.  Nice combined arms attack.  Also looks like another interesting map.  :)