RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

6 minutes ago, Macisle said:

Yeah, I love those AT grenades (though once I had a Tiger eat four and still require a tank shot to be taken out). I've always thought BF should highlight them in the UI like other special equipment. I wonder how many folks don't know every squad has a couple that get issued to the AT team if you split one off.

That's interesting about the tanks blocking incoming, but not outgoing fire. I do try to use my tanks to provide cover for infantry against small arms occasionally (works pretty well, depending on the situation), but I didn't know that dynamic was part of what makes bailing crew seem like super soldiers sometimes. I do try to have covering teams from other angles (I also use covering teams for breach teams), but the situation didn't allow for it with the first Tiger.  IIRC, the tank commander got a Soviet on the same side before being taken out himself.

Thanks, for the compliements guys! That includes Warts & Trooper, which sounds kinda' like a pub for Wellington's worst-paid soldiers --The Warts & Trooper. :D

I didn't do anything to these images besides capture and crop. So, all the goodness is coming from BF's models, great community textures and finding the "sweet spot" for lighting and shading in the Engine. Speaking of which, here's that last shot from a different angle:

26677288457_72f69bce4e_b.jpg

Sometimes, I'm amazed at just how photo-realistic the current Engine can look when the right elements are in play. Again, this is just a crop. No photoshopping done to enhance anything.

Which is why so many of us swear by wego. Otherwise we wouldn’t get these. 

4 minutes ago, sburke said:

Which is why so many of us swear by wego. Otherwise we wouldn’t get these. 

Yup. I can't imagine playing CM without spending time catching all the juicy action from the soldier's view and best cinematic angles. It's a big part of why I love the game so much.

1 hour ago, Macisle said:

Thanks, for the compliments guys! That includes Warts & Trooper, which sounds kinda' like a pub for Wellington's worst-paid soldiers --The Warts & Trooper. :D

I didn't do anything to these images besides capture and crop. So, all the goodness is coming from BF's models, great community textures and finding the "sweet spot" for lighting and shading in the Engine. Speaking of which, here's that last shot from a different angle:

Sometimes, I'm amazed at just how photo-realistic the current Engine can look when the right elements are in play. Again, this is just a crop. No photoshopping done to enhance anything.

Another magnificent shot. I have my graphics settings all maxed out and I get nothing like this. Brilliant, mate! 

Have a pint on me at the Warts & Trooper!

12 minutes ago, Bud Backer said:

Another magnificent shot. I have my graphics settings all maxed out and I get nothing like this. Brilliant, mate! 

Have a pint on me at the Warts & Trooper!

Thanks! It could be the particular alchemy of the myriad of mods I've got going. Another possibility is the hour of the day + weather. Try 11 am on a clear day. I find that setting brings out the best in the textures and if you get the right angle, they really pop. That's actually why most of my screenshots are from clear days.

Ah, The Warts & Trooper, where the sediment...swims. :o:P

Steps out of the TARDIS in Petty France, London SE1E just around the corner from the Wellington Barracks. Notices that the Warts & Trooper is still in business, and thinks.. "Well I've been a puritan for 400 years, I suppose just going in for one won't hurt".

Ten pints later, staggers into New Scotland Yard....

Crommers :- "Aassss yoose seensa Police T T teleephone bosssssssssse? Me old cock sparrrer."

Sgt Dixon :- "Now come along old son, none of your cheek. And take that TARDIS back to the BBC where it belongs."

12 hours ago, Macisle said:

Amazing detail in this picture. Look at those bricks and the rubble in the foreground. Props to the modders, you and the game.

1 hour ago, Hardradi said:

Amazing detail in this picture. Look at those bricks and the rubble in the foreground. Props to the modders, you and the game.

Thanks. :)

The building texture is Kieme's. The uniforms are Vein's. The beautiful rubble (can rubble be beautiful? -- why, yes!)...gosh I don't know, but man is it great work. Aris? Kieme? Other? I took a quick look, but couldn't find it. My mod folder is a bit of a mess these days.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 4/18/2018 at 11:13 PM, Macisle said:

Yeah, I love those AT grenades (though once I had a Tiger eat four and still require a tank shot to be taken out). I've always thought BF should highlight them in the UI like other special equipment. I wonder how many folks don't know every squad has a couple that get issued to the AT team if you split one off.

That's interesting about how the way tanks block incoming, but not outgoing fire contributes to the super-tanker phenomenon. I do try to use my tanks to provide cover for infantry against small arms occasionally (works pretty well, depending on the situation), but I didn't know that dynamic was part of what makes bailing crew seem like super soldiers sometimes. I do try to have covering teams from other angles (I also use covering teams for breach teams), but the situation didn't allow for it with the first Tiger.  IIRC, the tank commander got a Soviet on the same side before being taken out himself.

Thanks, for the compliments guys! That includes Warts & Trooper, which sounds kinda' like a pub for Wellington's worst-paid soldiers --The Warts & Trooper. :D

A real pleasure to play with so a graphic, this show us also how CM engine works, and react, regarding to the crew tank close combat.. thanks you to share all these beautiful shots ! Mac.

I see some of us trying to improve their graphic cards soon !!

A beta mod from Heer Tom. It's not for everybody but it I like the volume of the smoke and the change of pace it brings to the look. I go back and forth between his and Vein's.

Mord.

Edited by Mord

On 7/30/2018 at 8:33 AM, Mord said:

Caught this today while testing some stuff. Thought it looked cool. Shrek's are nasty!

bndw52H.jpg

Mord.

"I love it! God help me, I do love it so. I love it more than my life." 

Panzer_III_Tank_Burning_in_Egyptian_Dese

On 4/28/2017 at 9:05 PM, LongLeftFlank said:

David Holbrook, "Flesh Wounds", quoted in John Keegan's "Six Armies in Normandy":

"Tanks burn in a way that has its own grotesque poignancy. The flames are explosively fierce and yet are tightly contained in the hollow steel shell: so, the smoke rushed out with tumbling fury.... From the turret, black smoke alternating with intense flame thunders forth in a monstrous jet. But then from time to time the smoke is forced into huge expelled puffs by the exploding shells within. Each black puff, from the circular turret hatch becomes with grotesque perfection a rolling smoke ring... A burning tank, because of this, looked like a monster, a dying dragon, vomiting up the life within it in black gouts.... a red and white glower would roll in the eyes of the dead monster, the hatch holes, through which the crew had entered, never to emerge again."

This will be a must-have mod for the new game!

4 hours ago, 3j2m7 said:

Love it thank you to post these vid very good job and wonderful effects !! Is there is the final version and somewhere to download it ?

Hey buddy, 11th post down, just before my video.

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/125070-herrtoms-explosions/?page=2

Mord.