RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

45 minutes ago, George MC said:

Panthers on the prowl

q006bxq.png

+1   Cool.  I see pillars of smoke rising in the background from the direction the panthers came from.  Also some hit decals on the front panther.  I bet there is a cool story that goes with all that.  I hope your new scenario (or is it a campaign?) is progressing to your satisfaction.  Thanks for sharing the screenshots.       

Hi @MOS:96B2P

Good skills :) spot on analysis. 

The smoke columns are from a brace of SU-76s that tried to ambush the Panthers. They scored a few hits on the lead tank and actually killed the commander. The rest of the zug took out the assault guns. The image on the previous page shows one of the KOd SU-76s. 

Aye still noodling away at the campaign. I’m working on the branching missions. This mission is an alternate ‘history’ of an actual event. In the campaign if all going well you’d play the historical version. If not you’ll end up in this one. Which in play testing is just as engaging, I think. 

Campaigns are a bit of PITA to do though! Lot of moving parts and I’ve nowhere near the free time I used to have now. Still it’s progressing nicely. I think!

Cheery!

Edited by George MC

On August 9, 2018 at 2:44 PM, IanL said:

?? Are you saying that those are examples of propane tanks are being used in battle? Or are you saying see there are battle explosions that look like the propane tanks?

Note: If you want to suggest / ask for improvements to explosions of vehicles or artillery - cool. If you want to say we want CM to look like exploding propane tanks - I'll pass thanks. :D

I believe that LongLeftFlank was simply using the propane explosion as an example of the progression of the fireball and how the appearance changed. I saw the report of the explosion on the evening news, so I don't believe it falls into the "gore" category.

Yes, nice shots (literally as well).

The only thing that looks very fake is the way the buildings in CM sit on the ground like toys.   As gamers we've gotten used to that.  However, is there a way to make the houses look like they have foundations and actually are built on the ground rather than just dropped in?

Edited by Erwin

6 hours ago, MOS:96B2P said:

+1  Nice screenshots.  It looks like the attack was a German victory? 

Yes sir, lost a little more than i would've liked to but that's war.

5 hours ago, Erwin said:

Yes, nice shots (literally as well).

The only thing that looks very fake is the way the buildings in CM sit on the ground like toys.   As gamers we've gotten used to that.  However, is there a way to make the houses look like they have foundations and actually are built on the ground rather than just dropped in?

I agree, in the picture of the  pz4 and the burning panther the house looks almost out of place. 

Covering the road with a little help from big shellholes.

30261475808_d63841002f_b.jpg

That moment of relief when your best platoon, the one that you've had in reserve, makes it across the bridge unscathed.

30261476298_9b2a9a7067_b.jpg

Followed by that moment of shocked horror when an enemy 150mm shell falls completely out of pattern...right onto the platoon leader's head!

30261476098_10d0289aa0_b.jpg

In an instant, the "power platoon" is reduced to a handfull of shellshocked "scouts." The gods of war can indeed be cruel.

42320309940_c420cc3b30_b.jpg

Hidden schreck guy takes out my lead tank. The crew bails with the loader giving the tube guy something to think about with his pistol before making his escape down the safe side road. Alas Mr. Loaderavich is more courage than cunning. Having forgotten his cigarettes, he returns to the tank and gets dead.

43346826115_8491e44696_b.jpg

7 hours ago, Macisle said:

Hidden schreck guy takes out my lead tank. The crew bails with the loader giving the tube guy something to think about with his pistol before making his escape down the safe side road. Alas Mr. Loaderavich is more courage than cunning. Having forgotten his cigarettes, he returns to the tank and gets dead.

Another example of the pitfalls of nicotine addition.  His family would later sue Philip Morris.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...