RT Unofficial Screenshot Thread

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/1/2017 at 8:14 PM, mjkerner said:

Yes, but he'll need a periscope, won't he? 

But seriously, can you move the gun out of the water, or is it trapped like sometimes happens with guns and vehicles in buildings?

;)Yes, it moves...The AT gun finally moves after four minutes of un-deploy... Bufff , time to make the way back and try another route... By the way, insignificant animation thing : No animation for AT wheels moving when un-deploy

regards

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Lille Fiskerby said:

Nice to have Panthers cover your flanks ;)

Also some nice pictures from this period in Velimir Vuksics book "SS Armor on the Eastern Front 1943-1945".

I know a couple of books:" Viking Panzers" by Ewald Klapdor and Firefly Collection No. 1 - Viking Summer.

hi lille

Cheers for book mentions - I've been using all the references plus the key one Kampfgruppe Muhlenkamp by RZM (that is a MUST have IMO), also ref "Europeon Volunteers: 5th SS pz Div Wiking". It's been a challenge tying up timelines though. Viking Panzers hardly mentions this operation- briefly, but also other info like arrival times of units, locations etc is sometimes a bit contradictory between sources. Still I think I managed to create a timeline.

Info about Soviet units is "sparse"... I can ID Corps/Divisions and place them in sectors but no way is there any info about below division level. The overall situation was very chaotic - basically Soviet spearheads roaming around the whole area, infiltrating through woods etc that it's perhaps no surprise. Also reading the accounts it appears the Germans had little idea of who or what they were actually facing or where the enemy was.

7 hours ago, George MC said:

The overall situation was very chaotic

It really was, and on top of that a whole Soviet Tank Army, the 2nd, was moving north along the Vistula river trying to cut of the german divisions east of the Vistula. I highly recommend Pete Wenmans campaign "Blunting the Spear". In a lot of the combat in this period the germans was actually fighting from the east towards the west something that confused me at first. I will try to find sources about Red Army units that you maybe can use (below division size).

• 1 month later...