Release The Game ___ Now

ddkk

Guys, there's no half way of releasing a product. Either we release it complete or we don't. And sure, a handful of you wouldn't care, but I promise you that is not the case customer base wide. Therefore, we choose to release our products when they are DONE and not when they aren't. End of story.

Maybe the point was not release now, but the other thing you mentioned earlier? The thing that if you are about to deviate from the good track record you will tell us.

Welcome! Just so you know, we *never* post release dates, but we've *always* shipped within 4-8 weeks. That applies to 15 years worth of game releases, not just Combat Mission, so we've got a very solid track record you can rely upon.

And if there is anything unforeseen that holds up a release we'll be here to talk about it.

Steve

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys, there's no half way of releasing a product. Either we release it complete or we don't. And sure, a handful of you wouldn't care, but I promise you that is not the case customer base wide. Therefore, we choose to release our products when they are DONE and not when they aren't. End of story.

I still remember the evisceration you guys took for CMSF.

Emyr's is lying...the first "computer" game he ever played was rock, paper. It was so primitive he had to wait 25 years for someone to invent scissors...up until that point paper always ruled the day.

Emrys had to wait for the invention of papyrus and so just had 'rock' for some time.

We also have never, ever given release dates because of this. As soon as the game is DONE we upload it to our servers and open up orders. That's the way it has worked since we've offered download products and it's the way it will continue to work.

Part of the problem is these games have become monsters. The current state of Red Thunder is something like 3.6GB. It takes a couple of days to create a build and get it downloaded by the testers. Then it has to be tested and issues addressed. Therefore if there is one problem significant enough to cause a new build to be made, we're talking about the better part of a week. As we get closer to completion it gets better. We're at the better stage.

Complain as much as you want. That's what the forum is here for. But it won't change anything because the game will be released when it's ready to be released.

Steve

We all know that Steve. And I am sure you know that your customers are not always the most patient group of people - this is what happens every time you release a CM game. Ant it is always worth the wait.

It would however proobably be helpful, in the immedate pre releas phase where RT has likely been for the last two or three weeks to know where things actually are perhaps via some official statements. We don't mind if you are resolving last minute coding issues as we all know these things happen. We know that you won't release a half baked mess like somecompanies will. Just a little more regular commnication to keep your customers in the loop - and if it means you won't have to read a constant refrain of "is it ready yet?" BF will win too!!

Jeez, guys. It's only just now 8 weeks. We're all very anxious to get our hands on CMRT, but we need to step back, appreciate just how much work goes into a thing like this, and look forward to enjoying the polished product that this final phase will give us.

...he had to wait 25 years for someone to invent scissors...

It wasn't the inventing that took so long, it was chipping two pieces of flint in such a way so that they would fit together properly. We had the theory all worked out, but our lead chipper would get about 90% of the way through the project and the damn thing would break. Most frustrating thing you ever saw. Then one night I had the bright idea of using thermal shock to chip off very precise flakes and the whole thing came together like a charm. We went into series production and in no time had flooded the countryside with high quality scissors. This had dramatic knock on effects such as speeding up the creation of clothing from the hides of animals. Now almost anybody could afford a fur coat in the winter. Boots too.

:)

Michael

Good morning all. Ahh, so nice to see a new month arrive :)

Anyway guys, what's everyone waiting for?? I got mine at 05:00 EDT this morning. Not sure what you are all waiting for... . It's super too! They did a great job on this one!

Wow, that's incredible. Your nose just got about 3" longer.

Michael

BTW, earlier in the process we can turn around a build to testers within half a day. It's only the end process when things slow down considerably. That's because at the end we always have to test the "master image" and not something cobbled together in dribs and drabs. Definitely sucks for those of us with bandwidth limits of slower connections. Like me! Today I had a build stop a few bytes from being finished after 6 hours of downloading. Ouch.

Steve

Thanks for the update. Really sounds like you need better IP service. I'm sure you are as frustrated as we are that this is dragging on.

Oh well if complaining won't work then it's back to my temple to make offerings to Astaroth, Baatzable and Beelzebub. I'm running out of goats though.

Goats! If you need more goats, then this game is releasing today!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/265930/

Just watch that video! Surely there are enough goats in there to keep us happy until Red Thunder gets finished.

Drat! The last of my T34 flamethrower tanks is now immobilized by a mine. How am I going to knock out that bunker now? My sappers are being cut to pieces. Maybe I should.... ow wait....

Wrong forum... So sorry. Nothing to see here people. Move on please...

Could one of the moderators please remove this post :D

Patience my friends. Soon you will get to ride those T34 flamethrowers yourselves. BFC will deliver, like they always do. Yeehaw.

I sure hope so. I've been reduced to playing Carniball on CNN games waiting for Red Thunder...please BFC rescue me.

Guys please don't rush BF. Rush released software's never good. Debugging takes tons of patience, and some Zen if you will... it's best to leave them alone to finish.

Look, we could absolutely flood the forums and BF still would not rush the game. Don't worry - all these posts are simply signs of intense anticipation. As Steve said, the Game itself is done. We're waiting on the scenarios to be finished apparently.

Although if we are Zen, there is no game.