Well, I did it and BOY is my wife gonna be pissed!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Peter

'Twas the start of a beautiful friendship, to be sure...but, as I was saying, without Glasgow, there'd be no Edinburgh.

And as much as I enjoyed my stay in your fair capital, I found a kinship with the salt-of-the-earth types who reside on the banks of the River Clyde.

"...with a couple of pints on a Saturday night, Glasgow belongs to me".

We are experiencing a rather lovely trend for warm summers. It is always pleasant to see travellers gawking at my friends and I, proudly strolling through Edinburgh city centre in shirts surrounded by more sensible but less dashing folk in winter jackets and waterproofs.

Yeah, as long as you supply us with alcohol we will be merry and welcoming to the end of the earth!

Oh dear. Here our friendship must meet its unfortunate end. I hail from the most beautiful, cultured and bright city of Edinburgh and thus by pure chance of location are now thine sworn enemy, you filthy Glaswegian peasant!

At least I think that is how it goes.

Another one from Edinburgh, excellent, CM does bring all the good people together ( good enough to even make an exception for Emrys ;) )

Haha yeah those countries with their silly non uniform languages and cultural diversity.

Best Indian curry I ever had was in Scotland. It sure beats haggis.

And the last time I checked, the official language of John-o-Groats was still English.

Stick that in yer pipe and smoke it.

...sorry, you said you preferred cigars.

I know next to nothing about Canada..

But bring on the Scottish challenge mate!

1. Gaelic is considered to be a dead language! While John-o-Groats is the northernmost part of mainland Scotland, you shall have to travel to the Isles to find the real old Gaelic Scot. Head up to Harris or Lewis and engage the locals in conversation!

2. And Golf, we invented that. Boom. We are also well respected as the best elephant polo players around the world.

3. Our "Currys" really aren't all that Indian. A western "curry" is something we kind of invented, real Indian food is different but equally as awesome. But yes we also do pretty much any unhealthy food to perfection..

4. I live in Edinburgh! I know where the Forth is! And there are two bridges by that name! The Forth Road Bridge and the Forth Rail Bridge (I abseiled off the latter once, was pretty epic).

Urrghhh You Canadians don't even do food right. Everyone else looks at pancakes and goes, hmmm yummy lets slap a bunch of sweet things on it and make it delicious! Then you crazed lumberjacks turn up and say ooo we have the perfect syrup for this! And you know what would make it even better?

Sausages.

What?

WHAT?

WHAT!?

@ Peter

At least Wee Canadians appreciate our Scottish heritage.

As you punters across the Big Pond are trying to break up Great Britain, you'll find the real Scots over here attending Gaelic College at St. Mary's in Nova Scotia. Get it? Nova Scotia? Or as you Scottish gits would call it New Scotland.

Try opening a newspaper more and yer mouths less, ladies...er, laddies.