Well, I did it and BOY is my wife gonna be pissed!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we should introduce all our wives/girlfriends/significant others to each other, and give them a hobby. That will give them all something to do, and they will already have a common interest to discuss - their wacky, addicted gents.

One word: Pinterest

I think we should introduce all our wives/girlfriends/significant others to each other, and give them a hobby. That will give them all something to do, and they will already have a common interest to discuss - their wacky, addicted gents.

As a result of which they will probably start a movement to have all wargames banned.

:eek:

Michael

Ah the joys of being single, wargaming whenever I want and crying myself to sleep at night...

Wait what...

;)

That makes two of us. I won't marry a girl unless she knows hexes have six sides and at least five differences between the Pz III and PzIV.

I may have narrowed my parameters a little too much...

If they did, I'd be there in a heartbeat. At this point, I'm only waiting so that BF will make more profit on my money than they would with the current mandatory hardcopy option.

Pre-orders for hardcopy gives BF a rough guesstimate on what their initial production run should be for physical media (n definite pre-orders + m desired inventory), which I assume has value to them. Better a single production run of 7,000 than two of 3,500, or whatever -- simple economics at work there. Enough value to BF that they offer a slight discount if you put your money where your interest is up front, so to speak.

There is little to no value to BF for pre-ordering digital downloads since any 'production costs' for digital download they might save would be effectively nil (already a sunk cost - the digital package has been built regardless of how many digital download pre-orders they might get).

Right. First rule of Grog club . . . never take on a group of angry wives.

Battlefront was going to make a comprehensive Combat Mission variant based on this very premise.

The main trouble however was the women always win, even when they didn't.

If I had a dime for everytime a co-worker or someone else would lament they wished they were in my shoes and not married, I'd be a billionaire.

Oh well marriage as defined in Western Society today is a relatively new phenomenon. It was in the past based on practical reasons not love and "equality". Guess many have learned that the hard way.

I think in the Old Testament you could have multiple wives. No so in the New One...

I hear it all the time how "they would love to get rid of the other", but they "can't afford it".

That must be tough to live like that.

"Marriage is a great institution. If you like institutions."

- a quote from a good friend of mine that I will always remember.

Seriously, though, since this is now a relationship thread, I just wanted to say that in my opinion, the benefits of marriage far outweigh the annoyances.

Pre-orders for hardcopy gives BF a rough guesstimate on what their initial production run should be for physical media (n definite pre-orders + m desired inventory), which I assume has value to them. Better a single production run of 7,000 than two of 3,500, or whatever -- simple economics at work there. Enough value to BF that they offer a slight discount if you put your money where your interest is up front, so to speak.

There is little to no value to BF for pre-ordering digital downloads since any 'production costs' for digital download they might save would be effectively nil (already a sunk cost - the digital package has been built regardless of how many digital download pre-orders they might get).

Except that it would surely improve their cash flow, at the expense of idiots like me who are prepared to pay in advance for a future download with no firm availability date?

I agree that it doesn't have the same practical value for BF that you quote for the hard copy production run: but I cannot see why it would cause them any downside to do it, given the cash flow benefit for them?

Unless of course the deposit of such vast sums in the BF coffers were to prompt the team to vanish on an immediate vacation, leaving the game unfinished, in which case it would not be such a good idea ... :D:D

Really...how hard can it be to just say you earned the money and you're entitled to spend it as you see fit. What's the worst thing that could happen?

His name would be the new Bobbitt headline..... =)

I'm lucky myself to be married to a woman that also likes playing computer games. ;)