Localization

I am playing the ladder against John. He plays Axis and opened the match. Now he recognize some German stuff in the situation report in his turn summary. I have the same version as anyone else but translate the localization.txt in the main folder. It seems odd to me that the game takes phrases from the Allied Player localization for the situation report. I only wanna localize terms and definitions for my own. Under what conditions the game needs or takes the localization.txt from the main folder respectively from the campaign folder?

Hi Amadeus,

If I've understood correctly, if the campaign is started using the English version of the campaign, then any events from the scripts that have English phrases will show up in the situation reports regardless of the translations used for the localization text file as the localization.txt only changes in game text and not text from the scripts.

If you wanted German only phrases then you would need to localize the entire campaign being played into German and start the game using the German campaign + the German localization.txt file.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Maybe you missunderstood me. I don't want that my opponents have trouble reading German stuff they could not understood. I want my translation only for me. So, again. What could I do to avoid German phrases for my opponent?

In that case there is not much you can do as there will be some phrases from your turn when played with the German localization that will be saved within the save game file that he'll then see on his end when he looks at the situation report.

The only option is to play with English localization on your end so that he sees everything in English when the turn comes back to him... but of course then you see everything in English as well.

That is of cource regrettable cause this interfere multilingual playing. It would be better when localization (let's say in the campaign folder) only translate phrases for the player who uses the localization. The localization.txt in the main folder should take the phrases which are needed for the game. Don't know if this could be implemented for future projects. But I am sure now you know what I mean and hope you try helping German community.