Status update on "Black Sea"

In the the hundred million threads and posts about east vs west was there any mention of .... Live Horses and Fire ;) CMSF website for your tutorials bookmarked. Thank you.

To be clear CMRT is released really soon? ... before CMBS with extra features unique to the modern setting... in May-ish?

I dont suppose we can forego the hundred million threads and posts about east vs west and who has the best tactics, tanks, rifle, sexiest pixel butt, etc when CMRT comes out, can we? I cringe when I think about how much we went round and round when CMBB came out.

It's unavoidable and will likely be worse. In CMBB days it was "my grand pappy's stuff was better than your grand pappy's stuff". With a modern conflict we've got people saying "my stuff is better than your stuff". More of a sense of ownership (abstract as it might be) for sure will keep us admins on our toes. There's plenty of hard core out to lunch types on all sides.

Steve

My grand pappy's stuff vs. My MODERN stuff is better....

Heck with that... what was the CMBB vote on "sexiest pixel butt" ;)

"More of a sense of ownership (abstract as it might be) for sure will keep us admins on our toes."

You admins can easily tap dance through this CMRT minefield just watch out for the horsey... :D

Ordered my 1st Hackintosh build case yesterday. If I am going to be overwhelmed by the Russian Hordes, riding Cowboy on tanks I want to have 4.5GHz "Evil OS" box to be overwhelmed properly with :)

Some people around here would beat up their grandmothers for a year 2000 join date :) Steve

Lucky for grandma, I joined early ;-) Maybe this has been posted already, but what are the changes from CMSF (if any) to air support? Looking forward to CMBS more than any other...

• 3 weeks later...

Why is this game so under the radar?

Supposedly it's only a few months from coming out, and absolutely NOTHING has been done to promote it. No screens or other media, it does not have it's own page or forum, and no gaming site have even mentioned it... What kind of strategy is this when launching a game??

Why is this game so under the radar?

Supposedly it's only a few months from coming out, and absolutely NOTHING has been done to promote it. No screens or other media, it does not have it's own page or forum, and no gaming site have even mentioned it... What kind of strategy is this when launching a game??

Battlefront don't announce games officially on the website until around three monts or so prior to publication. Obviously they have been working to complete he just released Red Thunder. If you look at the time frame between the announcement of that game and the publication date that should give you an idea of the likely waiing time following official announcement.

Battlefront tend to bring out an expansion to the just published game, inthis case that would be Red Thunder So, realistically I would be guessing we would see Black Sea not earlier than June/July. However, given the current real world situation it might be that BF would pullthe stopsot on this one. We will just have to wait and see.

However, like you I am exited to see the new modern game setting and am just as impatient to see it :D While we wait we can of course enjoy Red Thunderand the many other games BF produce.

BF needs a couple months just to recover from RT. Game development is knackering - esp around launch. So, I would give em some time b4 asking for another game.

Erwin, that is for sure.

Meanwhile as a business I'm sure it's good to know there's more job to do that'll be welcomed by the customers. And just maybe it would be good to have a change of scenery for all the research work.:D But yes it's easy to get burnt out when you work on something very hard. Some vacation doesn't hurt.

I ofc add myself to the waiting list... CMSF is still fun without the engine upgrades it is like commanding a group of terminators compared to the ww2 tin cans, imagine what all the new goodies can do to the game.

Kinda hard to promote a game until we have enough visual assets to show off in the promotional materials.

Patience. We'll start the publicity machine up when we are good and ready for it.

Odd comment - when steve said this at the start of this thread.

"In fact, the game is largely done and testing is slated to begin in a few weeks for a late Spring release."

Just to give you guys an update. Red Thunder's final push took more out of us than we had expected, so we're about 4-6 weeks behind schedule on the code front. So we're probably looking at late Summer and not late Spring. But we'll know better in a couple of months where we are at.

Regarding promotion... we tend to wait until the game is mostly done before we start promoting it. Red Thunder got it's official website just before we opened preorders.

Well unfinished art doesn't hurt testing but does hurt promotional material ;)

You got that right :D

Steve

Just to give you guys an update. Red Thunder's final push took more out of us than we had expected, so we're about 4-6 weeks behind schedule on the code front. So we're probably looking at late Summer and not late Spring. But we'll know better in a couple of months where we are at.

Regarding promotion... we tend to wait until the game is mostly done before we start promoting it. Red Thunder got it's official website just before we opened preorders.

You got that right :D

Steve

Thanks for the update Steve ... Am awaiting this one with absolutely bated breath - but nice not to be in anticipation of anything immediate if its not coming that soon. I still have about three years of stuff from CMSF I haven't touched yet - besides all the stuff from CMFI, Gustav, CMBN, Commonwealth, MG and now RT.

Hmmm... Spring Break and behind schedule just happen to coincide :D

Just joking. You guys are working hard to make great products. If you like war-games you could not find a better family of products than Combat Mission.

Spring Break Tip: remove the umbrellas from drinks before consuming them :)

I'd say a fall release may likely have been planned from the start, no? Not sure about most of you, but my game playing takes a major nosedive when spring/summer finally arrives. I likely wouldn't pick it up until then anyways. Having said that, Black Sea is tops on my list. Taking a pass on Red Thunder in anticipation of this one.

Probably just as well considering the on-going real orld events. Ths in particular which may very well provide Putinwith just the excuse he is looking for if he is plnning to invade. Which I suspect many of the well informed members of ths forum have likely suspected for some weeks.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/ukraine-crisis-pm-orders-full-scale-anti-terrorist-operation-1.2608521

Iseem to recall publishe satellite photos taken in July 1990 just before the Iraqi invasion of Kuwait. They looked very similar to these:

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/11/world/europe/nato-satellite-images-russia/

Let us hope that this remains just a computer wargame. However, I have a feeling you may very well need to re-write your back story due to on-going events - or even change the scenrio to a Russian invasion of the \Baltic States depending on what happens toUkraine i the coming days and weeks.