Status update on "Black Sea"

So did Steve ever explain why he said they'll never do a war that never happened other than maybe thinking it wouldn't sell?

when did he say that? When they created CMSF and CMBS, there were no wars there yet and they are not premised around current conflicts. Besides we all know Steve really wants his Space Lobsters.

when did he say that? When they created CMSF and CMBS, there were no wars there yet and they are not premised around current conflicts. Besides we all know Steve really wants his Space Lobsters.

I doubt I could find the quote but as I remember (and I could be remembering wrong) he made a distinction between a war that never happened versus a war that could happen. Of course Shock Force has now become a war that never happened and they may revisit it.

"And we’ve seen this in Ukraine. At first, before Russia started giving prolific amounts of anti-aircraft weaponry to their proxy fighters in Ukraine, Ukraine’s air force was going in and just blowing the snot out of them. They’d set up a roadblock and next thing you know a Mig [jet] would come in and just boom, gone. And it would take it out." © Steve

Did he see results of "boom" at Lugansk city administration? :( Really, if someone looks at photos of that "booms", it would be not fun, really not fun. The "good guys" are not good at all.

Thank you Pete and Battlefront!

Cue the "Jingle Bells" soundtrack and roll up some Combat Mission Black Sea ... real soon :D

Pre-orders available!!!

"Combat Mission: Black Sea includes the following new or enhanced features. These are just major new features. The list of tweaks and smaller changes to the simulation of modern equipment are too numerous to list here...... "

Dang! This is HUGE ... way more Modern than I bargained for :D

• 3 years later...
On 11/9/2014 at 3:48 PM, Aured said:

meh.ro9373.jpg

In all seriousness, does the Shtora system actually do anything other than make the tank look angry?

Damn you, I am drinking some very good wine and you almost made me spit it out. Yes a delayed reaction. Blame it on @MANoWAR.U51for unearthing this thread. 

Edited by sburke