The Peng Challenge Thread The Chunder in Red Thunder!

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Things change, and yet remain the same.

There was, upon a time, a great and worthy place. It existed between the 'Everyday', and the 'What a Strange Place'. People posted there. Some, by choice, were given over to strangeness, and some simply wondered.

If you have been here, you know where you are. If you think you know where you are, then you actually know nothing.

THE PENG CHALLENGE THREAD WOULD HAVE BEEN CANCELLED BY FOX TV AFTER 3OO POSTS.

But that's not where you are, is it? I'm pretty sure there are no 'new' posters here. Probably not for a long time. Why would there be? Nothing to draw them in.

Except this. We are one of the longest running Threads anywhere.

Here, you will encounter it all. Mythology, magic, abuse, mockery. Song and poetry. Hatred of the Norwegians, Swedes and Finns! C'mon, fer chrissake! EVERYONE hates the Squareheads!

And yet, here...you will come to grips with all your hatreds. And you will, one by one, put them aside. Because, here, as you learn to understand the Peng Challenge, you will learn to understand those you've always despised.

For some of you, that will be your father (quite a lot of you bastards, I'm willing to bet), and for some of you, your mother. Some of you will despise some, or all of your siblings.

But here in the Peng Challenge Thread, we're going to take you, by the process of SERIOUSLY DESPISING A NEW BROTHERHOOD OF USELESS FECKS, to an acceptance of the people who've, hopefully, loved you all your lives. And then you can embrace them.

So, don't worry about that Bad Christmas with your parents, when your brother came out as gay, or the year your sister admitted she'd been working as a prostitute for the last three years, or when your father admitted he'd been screwing your 18 year old cousin for the last 2 years.

Because, if you qualify as a Knight of the Peng Challenge Thread, you can rest assured of one thing. We hate you. And we'll never go back on the promise of that.

I thought you'd carked it. Made me sad. Now that you're here, you make me mad, grandma Steve.

Time for a new incarnation of the MBT don't you think Boo Radley? We are approaching 650 posts and I am pretty sure that is the point at which Cthulu rips through the space time continuum and eats all our souls. Probably a better fate than yours deserves, but we must think of the children.

I would think this is an appropriate task for the Official Alternate Back-up (but only in case of emergency) Fill In Justicar.

Hop to it, chop chop then. Don't want the entire forum collapsing on us again do we?

I'm waiting for one of you slackers to step up and take (what would pass for a regular human as) responsibility.

Long feckin' wait, so far.

May as well return to your restful slumbers. Or are you dreams troubled by the memories of the hideous crimes you have foisted on an unsuspecting public? Do you return here out of some kind of primordial urge to atone?

Michael

Right. Like you assumed he was human and that's so far off base as to stagger the imagination.

He'd have to take a lung-busting run up to even get close to the early primates.

He didn't even make it to 2nd call backs for the pre-monolith scenes in 2001: A Space Odyssey because he didn't look evolved enough.

Enough? Wouldn't that imply that he had evolved ... you know ... SOME?

I have returned to my home and family ... of course I have to LEAVE my home and family again on Monday but for now, by GAWD, I'm here. And playing CM with NG Cavscout ... I know, I know, but he begged and pleaded and I, being YOUR Beloved Justicar for Life of the Peng Challenge Thread, could hardly refuse the heartfelt request of a fellow knight.

Well, not so much FELLOW Knight since that would imply that his station was in some way equivilant to mine and he's obviously FAR below my station, but he is a Knight of CessPool ... albeit from the House of Rune.

Ah, Joe Shaw, maybe if you spent a little more time tending to your posts and less time ineffectually banging your hands against your temples while incorrectly spelling words far too large for you to comprehend (Equivalent, not Equivilant) you would have actually managed to start a new thread by now.

Instead, you are letting us get precariously close to the dreaded "650".