blocked battlefront site

I really, really want to buy new CM .... but My ip is blocked for 2 or 3 years already :( I know at least 10 other CM fans who can't access www.battlefront.com I am sure there are many more...

I am your old customer since CMBO I have all CM games but Marked-Garden

CMFI I have bought using computer from my work - but it is not easy and good way to buy games :/

I kindly ask you - do something about this problem !!!!

It is only one www on the internet I know where I have such problems.

I can open this site using simply tricks (hidemyass.com) but i can buy anything by this way .

Please think about it.

mgk

Lucky you

I have been trying for years :( I asked to unblock my IP

I got message from admin:

No, sorry, that's not possible. This IP is being heavily used for spam.

If this is a dynamic IP, you can change it by going offline and going back online. Or use a different ISP, internet cafe, or proxy browser.

Problem is that it is IP form my IT provider (big international corporation UPC!) I can't change it !!!

asking me to use internet cafe to buy games is just simple joke - well I don't even know if internet cafe's still exist ?

And it is not only main problem - there are a lot CM fans in the same situation - they can't write here because they are blocked - but look at facebook battlefront page, at Polish http://forum.cmhq.pl/index.php?link=1&id=2716we have 7 people just in few days ! - and they are all old CM fans - but how many potential new customers were rejected by battlefront site ?

If your IP address has a bad reputation then speak to your ISP or change to a different provider. Find what your iP address and search using this http://www.projecthoneypot.org or this http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx# or google it to see what blacklists it features on and see what is required to get removed from them.

I manage a few websites and due to the abuse emanating from many countries I block entirely China, Russia, Ukraine, Romania, Turkey, Poland, Brazil to name but a few.

I have tried to do this but without success.

Then change your Internet Service Provider if the service they provide is blacklisted and they cannot provide a remedy which hampers your use of the interweb.

BFC was once compromised and I'm sure they don't want to make exceptions that could leave their servers vulnerable to abuse which would lead to costly and time consuming timedown.

well - it is not only me - there are a lot of blocked CM fans !!!!

Battlefront has very old library of IP-s

I know that big Internet providers (like my UPC) have wide range of IP's - some was previously used by spamers - but not any more - so what is the problem to unblock my IP ???? and unblock all who will send their request ?

Once again - it s only one www.battlefront.com I have such a problem !!!!

I think it is rather unusual to ask customer - to change internet provider (it is of course possible but there are problems since I have also TV phone etc) to buy their games !

• 1 month later...

Does that affect the activation servers?

Do I understand that correctly that there is one level of blocking for everything including things that can be spammed (forums) and things that can no (activation servers)?

Because that sounds like something those dude who BFC hired would do.

I think it is rather unusual to ask customer - to change internet provider (it is of course possible but there are problems since I have also TV phone etc) to buy their games !

Well, they could ask you to move to a country who's Internet Providers are loved and admired all around the world...

Allright.

I still think you should take some control of the blacklists so that people who will not be able to download will not be able to buy in the first place. And to make sure that people who do buy can activate.

People will be able to download through proxies or snarf a copy of the distribution file privately. But the activation process looks like it's using http but it is unclear whether it would (successfully) obey to systemwise proxy settings. And in any case people who download through a proxy can do that without changing the systemwise settings.

• 1 year later...

Hello!

I have the very same problem. I live in Romania. All of my families IPs are blocked by battlefront.com so I can't buy the game I want.

Have any of you found a solution? What is the admin's e-mail address. I'd like to contact battlefront.com somehow.

Thanks!

• 2 months later...

Dear Administrator - I have just one question regarding this issues: how it is possible that all other companies/publishers/e-shops are dealing with this problem somehow (by not cutting hundreds of users off) and you do not? You are the only website I can not access to. Are you sure you are good at what you are  doing if you can not suggest/find any other solution? Is this official BTC policy?

Edited by Northrop

There are dozens and dozens of black list providers out there.  If your ISP has run afoul of the one that BFC uses then you will get blocked.  You can check if your IP is blocked by any of them here: http://whatismyipaddress.com/blacklist-checkit might be interesting or not I have no idea.  My IP address was clean on all of them.