Ever seen a Machinegun blow up a tank ? Well, now you can !

Tank was definitely KO for a couple of turns before the bang and not burning, hence I ruled out the delayed cook-off - which is still also a cool feature of CM2.

I think a couple of turns is still possible. It certainly used to be. My T-62 story was several turns between when I KO'd it and it blew away my infantry. I'll see if I can get an answer about that.

My guess would be that the game tracks the rounds until they pass the armour (in one way or another), at which point there's a roll made on a damage table.

Yes, there is no special tracking of the round's path on the inside of a vehicle that is totally contained within the vehicle (i.e. not a pass through).

We have been told before that residual energy is accounted for. So a penetration by a 20mm will have less effect than a penetration by a 76mm. But this wasn't a penetration as such, according to the hit label - it was a ricochet into an opening (the hatch).

Residual energy is taken into account, correct.

Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost certainly in Finland ! :)

Not that the Finns needed to get on the rear deck to piss in the engine compartment. They were entirely capable of directing their streams 30 or more metre with pinpoint accuracy, while remaining hidden behind half a blade of grass. They only got up on the tank to prove they could get that close...

Not that the Finns needed to get on the rear deck to piss in the engine compartment. They were entirely capable of directing their streams 30 or more metre with pinpoint accuracy, while remaining hidden behind half a blade of grass. They only got up on the tank to prove they could get that close...

I read that there was so much vodka in the Finns' urine that they could ignite the stream and use it as a flamethrower. There's got to be a YouTube video somewhere.