Sign in to follow this  
BadgerDog

OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 update issues !!

So, more OCD. Huge Qb crash in CMBN. But large works fine. CMRT loads huge QB just fine. The 3.0 engine works like a champ.

So. That's about it. Hopefully the new OS 10.10 will be ready soon, or at least 10.9.4.

CMSF is almost bipolar...clearly the engine is a bit tired...which Apple made worse. Harrumph.

Apple should come out with 10.9.4 next week at WWDC 2014. They may show off the new OS10 as well. I really, really hope 10.9.4 fixes Mac CMSF & CMx2 36% crashing. Thankfully CMRT v3.0 works great for me and has me plenty occupied on the evo hackintosh but I still want my CMSF & CMx2 purchases to work fully.

Yup..the 3.0 engine is da boss. Works like a champ with everything i throw at it. I totally agree that CMSF has a lot of life left and would greatly benefit from the 3.0 upgrade :) :)

BUT, as you say, there is plenty of goodness in my CMSF, CMBN, and CMRT injection to keep me busy for a long time.

Patience is a virtue, but also a bitch sometimes.

"Patience is a virtue, but also a bitch sometimes."

Yep... Goodness (and 3.0 upgrade) comes to those with patience :D

Apple's WWDC 2014 Keynote: OS X 10.10 is coming... this Fall but it will be free :) 10.9.4 ... well I guess it should be out before Fall? Will this OS update fix the OpenGL Apple busted?

Good Mac CMx2 news is in the forum thread " Mac 10.9.3, Powerbook, 36% hang."

From Phil... "Apple broke a core piece of OpenGL, apparently didn't test for it, and shipped it. They've known about it since January, when I first reported it, and have released at least a couple dozen OS seeds since then, so apparently they have no immediate plans to fix it. We created a workaround for the issue as soon as we discovered it, and will be shipping it in every game we release a patch for, until it's no longer needed."

CMRT Mac runs fast and pretty on my hackintosh because Phil put in an explicit workaround for CMRT Mac. Good CMx2 days ahead for Mac folks with the patch on the way.

Thank you Phil & BFC :D

So, I finally had some time to play CMBN and CMRT today. The 3.0 engine is very, very impressive. The CMBN 2.0 engine is very nice as well. I really like the new improved QB system. Played a couple of CMBN quick battles and they were fantastic...balanced and tough. Still working my way through the CMRT training campaign to get a feel for things...trenches are kind of flummoxing me at the moment...like foxholes on steroids or something...obviously a chew toy for scenario designers. Both games loaded without problem, although I chose tiny scenarios to go with my tiny attention span and time.

I really liked the CMBN MG quick battle maps...water and bridges adds a whole new level of tactical pain...especially when I can't get my Sherman over the bridge to help take out the STUG that's kicking my ass.

So CMBN and CMRT are easily worth the $150. I am very, very looking forward to CMBS and the future upgrade/patch/resurrection of CMSF...right now I feel like I'm getting about $35 of my $50 on that one.

Clearly, I won't have to buy any more games of my Mac....just Combat Mission.

Sounds like another CM "User" is born ;) The games are getting better and better IMO. 3.0 engine is very impressive. We Mac user don't have to worry about lack quality product from BFC and the crew there. Now Apple... :confused: I am sure Apple will eventually get their graphic drivers fixed but maybe not before 3.0 engine upgrades are out for CMx2 games.

Well, perhaps reborn...I played all the old CM games under OS 9...then bought them all for Windoze XP...also bought CMSF for Windoze...now looking forward to full time Mac OS X CM experience. My new iMac is awesome for graphics....now if it could just deal with those darn anti-tank rifles!!

Does anyone know if the 36% problem is related to only the Mavericks graphic drivers and/or to the OS?

Would the problem go away if say I installed all the Battlefront Games on an SSD running Mountain Lion, which would be no big deal on a multi-booting Hackintosh?

David

David,

"...Apple broke a core piece of OpenGL, apparently didn't test for it, and shipped it...."

This is a broken OpenGL for Mavericks OS. Affects more than BFC games.

You on a hackintosh aren't you?

The reason CMRT works on my a hackintosh is.... from Phil is.... "...because I've put in an explicit workaround..."

I suspect... Battlefront Games on an SSD running Mountain Lion should not have the 36% problem if Apple didn't break Open GL in Mountain Lion.

If you set up Battlefront Games on an SSD running Mountain Lion please let us know how it works for you.

Thanks David.

Running BFC Games in Mountain Lion should eliminate the 36% problem as the loading issue appeared in 10.9.2 . I thought of doing the same here but have not done this yet either. Good Luck.

Has this issue been resolved?

I'm running 10.10.1 and am considering buying the Mac version of this game, but am very hesitant to do so given the info in this thread.

Thanks for any updates!

I'm running 10.10.1 on my MacBook Pro (all current versions of BFC games) just fine... :)

Regards,

Doug

Great to hear! Need to check this on one of my stock Macs.

Thanks.

Sign in to follow this