Sign in to follow this  
BadgerDog

OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 update issues !!

A lot less than a new Mac Pro cylinder and it is upgradeable outside the Apple Store :D

I saw where another 10.9.3 beta was released yesterday ..."build 13D55 of OS X 10.9.3 to developers, just over a week after releasing the eighth OS X beta, build 13D45a.." not public yet.

Smells close to full meal time ;)

Maybe... finally... Apple will fix their 36% crash graphics blunder for CM?

I hope this works. After 2+ months I can still only load 1/3 of the CMFI/GL stock scenarios with their 10.03 beta and these ALL loaded fine before 10.9.3 botched the CM graphics :mad:

"AppleCare employees today received a new build of the upcoming OS X Mavericks 10.9.3, according to sources. The build number is 13D62, which indicates a jump from the previous AppleCare seed of 13D59."

http://9to5mac.com/2014/05/07/applecare-employees-get-new-os-x-mavericks-10-9-3-13d62-build-with-release-imminent/

Went straight home today to find out.

Still experiencing lock or crash at 36% in both CMBfN and CMSF on large battles. :(

Late 2012 iMac. 16Gb RAM.

The update claims this...

Regards,

Doug

You may be aware that Apple have just released OSX 10.9.3 with some interesting new developments and one potential problem.

The new update is available via Software Update as usual and contains the following fixes:

Improves 4K display support on Mac Pro (Late 2013) and MacBook Pro with 15-inch Retina Display (Late 2013)

Adds the ability to sync contacts and calendars between a Mac and iOS device using a USB connection

Improves the reliability of VPN connections using IPsec

Resolves an issue that prevented Font Book from installing PostScript Type 1 fonts

Improves reliability of copying, editing and inspecting permissions of files on an SMB file server

Improves reliability of network home directories

Improves stability when installing configuration profiles

Improves login speed for users in Active Directory groups

Includes Safari 7.0.3

Interestingly, the improved 4K support includes the ability to have standard resolutions on a 4K monitor but using "pixel doubling", turning a 4K display into a "Retina" display. It will be interesting to see just what Apple have in store for the new 4K Cinema Displays, if or when they are ready for release. To say nothing of a new "Retina" iMac!

Working outside in country most of the last 2 days.

Made some time today to check 10.9.3 update on the 'stock' 2008 MBP ... some large to huge scenarios load past 36% now in CMFI, CMBN but not all .... not much improvement in CMSF Mac bundle large to huge scenarios.

On the EVO Hackintosh... 10.9.3 NO improvements for CMx2 and CMSF Mac bundle :mad: Maybe Apple is holding the full graphics improvements for 10.9.4 :rolleyes:

Maybe Apple is holding the full graphics improvements for 10.9.4 :rolleyes:

That is apparently the case since no improvements were mentioned. I was disappointed too. Once again, Apple has shown a marked disinclination to take seriously the concerns of gamers as well as others whose work is graphics intensive.

Michael

Have upgraded to 10.9.3 - For both CMBN and CMFI - for large and huge scenarios it can't get past 36% and goes to the desktop. There are a couple of medium sized battles in CMFI that it goes back to the desktop. (This is with the latest version and all modules).

However for Red Thunder everything is fine for all the scenarios (at least on my computer). It also loads up slightly differently (the percentage sequence is different). This is a hopeful sign that when the 3.0 upgrade comes out for CMBN and CMFI - that the scenario size loading problem could be resolved.

Thanks dw. Good to hear Red Thunder MAC works fully.

Would you mind posting the specs of your Mac?

I was hoping a CMRT demo would be out but maybe I will simply buy CMRT Mac when I get back to town and give it a try if it works on your mac.

More good news. My 'stock' 2008 early MBP (SSD & 4GB memory) is now performing much better in CMFI/GL with the 10.9.3 update! I repaired permissions, zapped parameters a few times yesterday before my wife used the machine. Maybe she blessed it :D

I was able to load every stock scenario from β€œLancing the Abscess” to β€œIn For a Pound”. No crashing at 36% :D

On the stock' 2008 early MBP, it takes several minutes to load these huge, large scenarios. The game play stutters in these large games making play ... a bit tough... but they now load. The settings were 1440x900, sync, on, 3D Model-Balanced, 3D Texture-Better, AA-Off, High Priority-Off, Shadows, Shader, Trees - ON.

A quick check of CMFI/GL on the EVO Hackintosh yesterday afternoon. Only 13/34 stock scenarios loading improvement. ONE scenario more to load with 10.9.3 update! Largest stock CMFI/GL scenario to load fully today is β€œBad Day at Beach RED.” The crash at 36% loading remains in plenty of stock CMFI/GL scenarios on my β€œhackintosh.” Yet to try mucking with the Nvidia web drivers released yesterday. From what I understand, it may be difficult to introduce these drivers in a hackintosh w/o causing more graphics problems.

Buzz,

specs are 3.5GHz, 16 GB memory, NVIDIA 4GB graphics card

FOR CMFI/GL I can go from "Beyond Belice" to "King Ludwig." Anything larger than that crashes.

What is your graphics card?

Again for Red Thunder - no problems and it loads quickly. What is interesting is the percentage sequence loading between ver 2 and 3 is different. version 2 usually goes 7%, 18%, 25%, occasionally 29%, then to 36% - and then crashes. Ver 3 usually goes 7%, 17%, 26%, 32%, 40%...

Thanks dw stock Mac or Hackintosh?

Back from the country. Current OS X 10.9.3 (13D65) update status. Not exhaustive testing but from a quick test of large to huge scenarios it looks like 10.9.3 fixed the 36% crash problem on stock Macs but not the Hackintosh.

After I repaired permissions, zapped parameters a few times yesterday before my wife used the MacBook Pro with 10.9.3 (13D65) update, CM started fully loading scenarios ! I do not know what did it but it now is functional so 10.9.3 is a good thing for CM and stock macs.

15” MacBook Pro Early 2008:D

Loads CMFI/GL, CMBN/CW/MG, and CMSF Mac Bundle scenarios. Not exhaustive testing but large to huge scenarios that crashed at 36% in 10.9.2 now load. One notable exception in CMSF is UK British Mettle still crashes at 36%.

Mac Pro Early 2009:D

Loads CMFI/GL, CMBN/CW/MG, and CMSF Mac Bundle scenarios. The really huge scenarios CMFI/GL Lancing the Abscess, CMSF Mac Bundle British Mettle, CMBN/CW/MG Surrender Invites Death now load as they did in 10.9.1.

EVO Hackintosh:(

10.9.3 (13D65) update did not fix the 36% crash problem. Scenarios larger Bad Day at Beach RED crash at 36%. CMBN/CW/MG and CMSF Mac Bundle show no improvement. Have yet to try with the Nvidia WebDriver-334.01.01f01 release on the Hackintosh.

It might be time for me to purchase CMRT Mac and see how 3.0 plays on the Hackintosh.

System Specs.

β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”β€”

15” MacBook Pro Early 2008

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.5 GHz

4 GB 667MHz DDR2 Memory

NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT 512MB of GDDR3 SDRAM

Display 1440 X 900

Mac Pro Early 2009

2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

18 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

ATI Radeon HD 4870 512 MB

OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

DELL U2713HM Display

1920 x 1080

EVO Hackintosh

3.89 GHz Intel Core i7

16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB

OS X 10.9.3 (13D65)

DELL U2713HM Display

2560 x 1440

Apple iMac - late 2013 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB

Wonder if it is the GTX version of the NVIDIA card...

However the good news is that Red Thunder is fine - which would indicate that when version 3 comes out for CMBN/CMFI that this will be resolved.

Note to Battlefront - would be glad to test this - intend to purchase when it comes out - so not looking for anything free...

Interesting dw. My Hackintosh system ID is - iMac -27-inch, Late 2013

You are using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780M 4096 MB.

I am using a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB.

I purchased CMRT Mac today and so far it looks and runs everything pretty and fast.

Thank you for your advice.

I too hope when version 3 comes out for CMBN/CMFI that the 36% crash will be resolved.

Apple today seeded the first build of OS X 10.9.4 to developers. Don't have it yet to try on the hackintosh to see if it fixes my 36% crash problem in CMBN/CW/MG, CMFI/GL and CMSF Mac Bundle.

The next major version of OS X, 10.10, should be on show at WWDC 2014 next week.

CMRT Mac loads and looks great on the hackintosh in 10.9.3. Very nice work and interesting features in V3.0.

Would be nice to be able to use all the scenarios in all the CM games so I am hoping the V3.0 upgrade for CMBN/CW/MG, and CMFI/GL will make this possible on the hackintosh.

Apple today seeded the first build of OS X 10.9.4 to developers. Don't have it yet to try on the hackintosh to see if it fixes my 36% crash problem in CMBN/CW/MG, CMFI/GL and CMSF Mac Bundle.

It would be nice if it would also fix whatever is making RT run in pretty crappy mode on my machine.

Michael

It would be nice if it would also fix whatever is making RT run in pretty crappy mode on my machine.

Michael

I hope so Michael... I really do. I realize "hackintosh" is not a supported system spec but... well... it might be some day ;)

We'll I guess we won't get to try 10.9.4 goodness just yet... "Apple appears to have pulled the 10.9.4 beta from the Mac App Store and Developer Center four hours after it was released. No reason was given for the removal."

Maybe they are just moving straight ahead to OS X, 10.10 and skip all those parts in between ;)

Harrumph, it appears my new IMac still has some issues with my new purchase of CMSF. I got a couple of scenarios to run but it still appears it hangs up at the 36% mark too often..tried to load 2 campaigns and both crashed...argh..can't wait for Apple to fix this...I haven't loaded my CMBN bundle or CMRT, but am not too optimistic.

Sorry to hear grunt_GI. I am in the same boat with EVO hackintosh re: 36% load then crash in CMBN/CW/MG, CMFI/GL and CMSF Mac Bundle using Apple's 10.9.3 .

10.9.3 in Mac Pro Early 2009 and 15” MacBook Pro Early 2008 loads most all scenarios beyond 36%. I have not loaded CMRT on either of these stock macs yet.

"...can't wait for Apple to fix this..." I am with you. It could, maybe at some point but I am beginning to think V3.0 upgrade for CMBN/CW/MG, and CMFI/GL could trump Apple's issues.

CMRT is too much fun & fast on the EVO hackintosh :D

CMRT just might run fine on your new IMac?

Ok, so here's what I have figured out:

The Good: As always, installing things on my MAC is a snap..kudos to BFC for the install instructions for the CMBN bundle...I was a little worried about what order to install everything. It worked like a charm...however, you might want to throw in that the FINAL (and only, thank goodness) install key you type in is the one for MG...I tried both the base game and 2.0 upgrade before reading the log-in screen carefully..a small panic.

MORE GOOD: CMRT runs like a champ, I tested LARGE scenarios and both Campaigns and everything runs great. Obviously the 3.0 engine works.

The EH, I think it's good: It appears that everything works ok with CMBN, I launched large scenarios fine and got a sampling of campaigns to run ok. It also appears the 2.0 engine works well..but some campaigns were hinky...will try those again later to make sure they launch.

The NOT so great, but OK: CMSF runs ok. I turned down some of my graphics settings to BALANCED and that seems to have made things better. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a logical pattern to which scenarios/campaigns will run. Generally, the stock stuff seems to work. I have a large collection of CMSF downloads from my PC/Bootcamp playing and those seem to be really hit or miss from my little sampling. I would say about 50-60% of stuff runs now...maybe.

The UGLY: Apple...for breaking whatever they did...knuckleheads. I have a brand new iMac, fully upgraded to OS 10.9.3 with NO other bells and whistles. It's annoying...I try to keep my computer unloaded, so to speak, so there are fewer opportunities for things to go wrong. HOPEFULLY either 10.9.4 or 10.10 will completely restore my CMSF functionality, as I still love that game and was really looking forward to 21" of MOUT goodness.

So that's my finale for tonight...as always the forums have been great...I am about 80-90% satisfied...know it's not BFC's fault...so more patience I guess. I hope the CMSF thing gets worked out...I was really looking forward to it...in the meantime..back to the Tiger tanks and paratroopers.

Cheers

Just for the record, I don't think I have had any crashes yet, but any scenario larger than small takes a long time, and really large ones take an eternity. Something wrong there but I'm not sure what. All this is in RT BTW.

Michael

Sign in to follow this