Sign in to follow this  
BadgerDog

OSX Mavericks 10.9.2 update issues !!

Kilroy: it's an Nvidia issue, as far as I can tell. It's definitely not a memory issue; more memory won't help. I have 16GB and it happens to me.

The problem should be resolved in Red Thunder, because I've put in an explicit workaround. I'm also working with Apple's techs to try and help them reproduce the problem on their end, so they can fix the drivers. It's pretty esoteric.

I have a MacBook Pro (MacBookPro11,3), and I transferred my programs from a Time Machine backup, including CMBN v. 212, which does not start and simply prompts a window with the message:

Error: errorCode

errorMessage Please contact your vendor for assistance.

Do I have to license it before using?

Thank you in advance, Luca

Help desk should be able to help you with this one. File a ticket there and they can help you out.

Phil Culliton - thanks for the heads-up.

For your info I rolled back from the latest nvidia driver to the previous one but still experienced the crashing at 36%. I am now back on the latest one.

David

Kilroy: it's an Nvidia issue, as far as I can tell. It's definitely not a memory issue; more memory won't help. I have 16GB and it happens to me.

The problem should be resolved in Red Thunder, because I've put in an explicit workaround. I'm also working with Apple's techs to try and help them reproduce the problem on their end, so they can fix the drivers. It's pretty esoteric.

Good news Phil. Thank you for your workaround for Red Thunder and helping Apple's techs fix the drivers. I agree not a memory issue. I have 18GB and it happens to me too.

I am gathering my Hackintosh parts for my build. Hope to have both Windows 7 Pro 64 and OS X on the same machine. If I can help in anyway in the future I would be happy to help.

Phil Culliton - thanks for the heads-up.

For your info I rolled back from the latest nvidia driver to the previous one but still experienced the crashing at 36%. I am now back on the latest one.

How are you rolling back your drivers?

To the best of my knowledge the issue has existed since 10.9.1, so you might have to roll pretty far back. Also 10.9.2 fixed a major security issue, so best to hang onto that, definitely.

Good news Phil. Thank you for your workaround for Red Thunder and helping Apple's techs fix the drivers. I agree not a memory issue. I have 18GB and it happens to me too.

I am gathering my Hackintosh parts for my build. Hope to have both Windows 7 Pro 64 and OS X on the same machine. If I can help in anyway in the future I would be happy to help.

Thanks Buzz! I'll keep working on it. :)

Phil Culliton:

I only rolled back (downloaded and installed from the nVidia "drivers page) the penultimate driver, I assumed it overwrote the existing driver - as it made no difference I re-installed the latest driver.

Buzz:

I have been running a Hackintosh for around 6 months with no issues. As I really now only run Battlefront games my system is rather Overkill and I have never tried over clocking. I prefer quiet computers.

David

I have been running a Hackintosh for around 6 months with no issues. As I really now only run Battlefront games my system is rather Overkill and I have never tried over clocking. I prefer quiet computers.

David

Good to know your Hackintosh is running smoothly David. My goal is a dual OS approach to my CM addiction ;) This way I should have CM my toy boxes functional no matter what. If Apple "updates" bork their graphic drivers ;) I simply start up the Evil OS ;) and vice versa. I have never over clocked a PC before so I will be adding a Liquid CPU Cooler to shoot for a quiet-ish 4.5-4.7 GHz machine. Should be like getting a new motorcycle. Once you have it dialed in you want to see what she can do for you :D

I didn't think the new Macbook Pro's used NVIDIA?

I've got the game up and running (licensing issue), but I'm now getting shadowing that I didn't get before. The shadowing comes in the form of sections of the game screen being darker than the rest. The shadowing moves when the view changes. It's more than just an aesthetic problem since I can't position units accurately and it's very hard to spot incoming fire.

As of yesterday afternoon...

Apple Seeds OS X Mavericks 10.9.3 Build 13D38 to Developers.... just under a week after releasing the fifth OS X beta, build 13D33, and a little over a month after the first 10.9.3 beta.... Apple continues to ask developers to focus on Graphics Drivers...

Lets hope Apple gets their Graphics Drivers fixed...a little over a month after the first 10.9.3 beta. That should mean no more crashing at 36% for larger CMx2 scenarios!

I didn't think the new Macbook Pro's used NVIDIA?

The more expensive 15" Pro models do.

I've got the game up and running (licensing issue), but I'm now getting shadowing that I didn't get before. The shadowing comes in the form of sections of the game screen being darker than the rest. The shadowing moves when the view changes. It's more than just an aesthetic problem since I can't position units accurately and it's very hard to spot incoming fire.

Can you post a screenshot, please? Thanks!

Hackintosh partially assembled. Tested on CMSF last PM. Much crisper performance on the "evil EVO" machine at 3.89GHz! i7-4770K Quad-Core not over clocked yet.

Apple's OS X 10.9.2 graphic drivers still have their 36% crash issues and probably will till Apple fixes their fix.

Will set up CMBN/CW/MG and CMFI/GL today and give them a spin.

Hackintosh partially assembled. Tested on CMSF last PM. Much crisper performance on the "evil EVO" machine at 3.89GHz! i7-4770K Quad-Core not over clocked yet.

Apple's OS X 10.9.2 graphic drivers still have their 36% crash issues and probably will till Apple fixes their fix.

Will set up CMBN/CW/MG and CMFI/GL today and give them a spin.

How did it go Buzz?

“How did it go Buzz?”

Thanks for asking Sequoia.

My 1st PC assembly so it takes longer than it should. I picked some quality parts hoping to 4K proof myself with this convocation.

The Hackintosh side went relatively easy! My screw ups on Windows … the "evil EVO OS” side have delayed that adventure.

BFC products on a Hackintosh: CMBN/CW/MG and CMFI/GL installs went w/o a hitch. BFC gets high marks for their ease of installs on my Hackintosh. Include the CMSF Mac Bundle. For an “old” game that some suggest should be given away for free, it plays very crisply with all the graphic setting at best + AA + shadows + shaders, etc. Value $ now and with ChirsND on the CMSF Resurrection we are in for delightful Modern Times gaming.

CMx2 - CMBN/CW/MG and CMFI/GL performance is th best ever CM war-game experience! At 3.89GHz & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB Graphics … the evo hack will play all the CMx2 games very crisply with all graphic settings Best + AA + Shadows + Shaders, etc. . You do not need this speed / graphics power to enjoy the CMx2 games as they all play fine with lower specification Macs. If you enjoy the full impact, the immersive impact, the instant response at highest quality graphics settings... Come on in for the win!

Apple’s 36% monkey wrench… their current 36% loading, hangup - force quit - frustrations is a big rat/roach 10.9.2 driver samich. Shame on Apple. That said, it will be a short delay in using the full potential of CMx2. I will purchase CMRT when 10.9.3 arrives assuming it fixes the 36% failure.

*Apple’s 36% monkey wrench is NOT a BFC problem. This is an Apple fux up. *

Should also note I can muck about in the Editors on all the games and as long as I stay small I can entertain myself fully with small user generated CM duels.

The beauty of my Hackintosh so far is I can do my every day “work” … MUCH FASTER … with ... CMx2 running in the background! This makes the effort / expense worth it for me. I look forward to the "evil EVO OS” side experience with over clocking, liquid cooling and a few hot ones at the goal line :D

Thank you Sequoia for your CMx2 Dealership series. They makes visually picking participants much easier.

Apple opens OS X beta program to the public for 10.9.3

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/04/apple-opens-os-x-beta-program-to-the-public-for-10-9-3/

"Apple does most of its hardware and software development behind closed doors, rarely giving public previews or commenting on rumors before it's ready to make an announcement. Today, the company made one small step in the other direction with the OS X Beta Seed Program, through which anyone with an Apple ID and a Mac can download and run the latest developer build of OS X 10.9.3."

Already have a 2009 Mac Pro TM back up. Doing a Restore of functional 2009 Mac Pro before I eat the public Apple mo beta sandwich ;) I hope this fixes their problem & satisfies my graphics itch to load beyond 36% & play all the fine CM games.

Hackintosh will have to wait till I know it is fixed before I mess up all my efforts in my EVO Black Resurrection :D

Results will be posted as soon as I know 10.9.3 works and is stable.

If it all works... CMRT and Live horses on on their way here next week!

Good news = 10.9.3 public beta appears to stop the 36% crash :D

As noted this was an Apple fault not a BFC issue.

2009 Mac Pro...

Processor 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 18 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

ATI Radeon HD 4870 with 512MB of GDDR5 memory

DELL U2713HM Display

Briefly tested CMSF Mac Bundle, CMBN/CW/MG & CMFI/GL - all settings maxed out on old HD 4870. Large scenarios all loaded ... slowly ... w/o crashing!

I have not tested my 3.89GHz & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4GB infused EVO Hackintosh... yet.

CMRT is not far off :)

Good news is I applied Apple's 10.9.3 public beta this afternoon after reading several with similar specs did not destroy their Hackintosh ;)

A quick test of CMFI with this beta and it appears to be helping load beyond 36% on many stock scenarios :D

With battle size descending order I was able to load as large as "Clearing the Niscemi Highway" w/o the 36% crash. Above this the 36% crash is occurring.

Have not tested every scenario below "Clearing the Niscemi Highway" but some spot selections load very quickly with all settings best, AA, shadow, shaders, etc. Looks fine.

Removed my plump Z folder to see if that made any difference and it did not.

Will test CMBN & CMSF soon.

When Apple gets 10.9.3 drivers fully working the GTX 760 ACX 4GB supports 4K resolutions 4096x2160 (including 3840x2160) at 60Hz supported Displayport :D

Thanks for opening the thread BadgerDog.

Glad to climb in the graphics hole :)

CMSF Mac Bundle... brief testing but no love from Apple's 10.9.3 public beta.

CMBN shows promising improvements along the lines of CMFI.

Back to my non Hack- 2009 Mac Pro and in CMFI was able to load "Biazzo Ridge". Saved the file. Stuck it in Hackintosh saved games folder. I could not see it there :confused:

EBR = ‘EVO Black Resurrection’ = 3.89GHz-i7-4770K-GTX 760 4GB-DELL U2713HM-2560 x 1440 using Apple’s 10.9.3 public beta.

EVO Hackintosh loads CMBN/CW “The Mace” = Largest descending order - CMBN/CW/MG scenario (2.4MB).

Saves a 20.5MB file. Plays the scenario crisply and looks great with every graphics setting maxed out! Thank you Phil!

So why do the “smaller” descending order scenarios …CW Ubique … CW In the Shadow of the Hill scenarios… CW NEDForce… MG Drive on the Dreijenseweg … fail and CTD at 36%?

Maybe Apple 10.9.3 public beta needs to be Mo Betta = not "beta"?

Not a problem as I now have more CMx2 games that load and play well than I have time to play :D but I am curious as to why?

Looking forward to CMRT & 3.0 upgrades.

Happy Gaming:D

FU on 10.9.3 public beta in CMBN/CW/MG

On the EBR Hackintosh with all graphic settings maximum in 2560 x 1440 resolution.

Loading Time in seconds

CW The Mace 55”

MG Sacrifice for a New Religion 15”

MG Frosty Welcome 25”

Bois de Baugin 13”

CW Loamshires 17”

MG A Man Can Die But Once 30”

MG Lonsdale's Block 19”

CMBN/CW/MG looks stunning and plays so fluidly :D It is like immersing yourself in a mini movie with the improved in the EBR Hackintosh. Zoom in close and see the tiny detail. Zoom out and fly around a forested or urban map filled with plenty of units with ease and no lagging makes is a true joy to play :D

I suspect the 36% crashing in some scenarios is related to Apples 10.9.3 public beta graphic drivers not begin complete.

Crash at 36% Loaded Time in seconds

CW Surrender Invites Death 13”

MG Outstanding Gallantry 13”

CW My Honor is Loyalty 10”

CW Evil Be Unto Him 20”

MG Cut off at Koevering what if 08”

CW Breaking the Panzers 09”

It seems if I can load some of these Huge scenarios and play them so easily all the scenarios should load w/o a problem. I hope the final 10.9.3 resolves the 36% graphics issue.

Should be soonish ... a week maybe...for the final production release. Hoping this final release will fix the 36% crashing in some scenarios.

If they do... I need to do some more jobs to afford to explore 4K monitors as my GTX 760 ACX 4GB supports 4K resolutions 4096x2160 (including 3840x2160) at 60Hz supported via display port. The game looks and plays so much better now on the EBR Hackintosh a 4K CMx2 would be jaw-dropping.

Sign in to follow this