CMSF Mac 10.9.2 PC (non-EFI) Graphics Card

Updated Mac OS to 10.9.2 yesterday. Now getting partial loading of several stock scenarios in the CMSF Mac Bundle that were loading fine in Mac OS to 10.9.1. Loading screen hangs @ 36% most of the time and CMSF not reposnding message so must "force quit".

System

Processor 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon

Memory 18 GB 1066 MHz DDR3 ECC

Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 4096 MB

Software OS X 10.9.2

DELL U2713HM Display

Note non standard PC (non-EFI) Graphics Card.

CMFI/GL and CM/CW/MG are not having any such problem with the OS update.

Have not done exhaustive testing on all CM game platforms but hoping I can get CMSF back to fully functioning as I do not want to downgrade back to 10.9.1.

CM looks great in 10.9.2. Maybe Black Sea and CMSF-2 are just around the corner. If so I can "battle" through with CM WWII till then I guess ;)

Thanks for any help.

Oh... I tried installing Nvidia "WebDriver-331.01.01b15" but CMSF issue remained so I removed it.

I assume that this issue is addressed in the CMBN Tech Support thread about OS 10.9.2 Update problems, which you have already contributed to. However your situation is a bit unique compared to what is initially mentioned there since your Mac Pro doesn't have built-in video to my knowledge (and thus no 'work-around'). This simply suggests that Apple has screwed up the Nvidia drivers that they're providing with 10.9.2 and you'll have to wait until Apple addresses that with a patch or the next '.' update (which may take awhile).

Thank you Schrullenhaft. You are correct my Mac Pro doesn't have built-in video.... "you'll have to wait until Apple addresses that with a patch or the next '.' update (which may take awhile)... Kinda what I expected. I fully understand this is not Battlefront's fault and my situation is a bit unique.

I tried today's NVIDIA Web Driver 331.01.01f01 release today but.... does not work :mad:

Since I am limited to the "small" CM games that are playable until Apple addresses that with a patch or another update.... I have more time to research my Hackintosh parts list :D

I will research the cost to build a dual OS Windows & Apple CM Kit! Should not have to do that but ... may mitigate "update" failures in the future.

Quick glance at news of 10.9.3 beta release for Apple developers with new graphics drivers. I do not have a Apple Developer status so I can't test it on my system. Hope this fixes the CMx2 graphic issues. Interestingly this 10.9.3 beta release is claimed to support 4K resolutions at 60hz! CMx2-3, etc is gonna look ambrosial in 4K... if I can sell a Live Horse to pay for a decent 4K monitor ;)

• 4 weeks later...

the 3rd or 4th - 10.9.3 beta release for Apple developers with new graphics drivers went out yesterday. Security trumps graphics but I really hope Apple gets their graphic faux pas corrected soon. Hackintosh parts are slowly coming in and I hope to be in the 4.5GHz range when complete. Should add a quickness in my Blue Bar Burn :D