Hello, new with some questions on buying

Hello all,

Glad I stumbled on Battlefront. The game looks stunning -- I've been wanting an isometric view with soldiers and equipment that's advanced play (I've been playing TripleA so long it's like tic tac toe, and Matrix has finally done WiF but dropped the AI component). But I've got some questions if you guys don't mind:

1. If I understand this right, Global is all of WWII with various alternative options (which is fantastic in and of itself). Pacific is just the PTO, while Blitzkreig and its extensions are ETO. The three games aren't perfectly interchangeable (i.e., Global is *not* just a tie in of Pacific and Blitzkrieg, but it's own unique game). Do I have that right?

2. There are no printed manuals for any game. If that's right, is there anyway I can download a pdf or something and print it out? It's a quirk of mine, but I really like a printed manual laying on my desk when I play (something I really liked about Tiller's West Front, East Front, and Rising Sun).

3. As my computer ages, I'm starting to have issues with video and complex graphics. If I download the demo and it runs OK, is that a pretty good indication that my computer can handle the whole game?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Hi Stevens44

Welcome to the forum! :)

1. Yes, you're right in your understanding that the games are distinct.

2. The hardcopy versions of the Pacific and Global Conflict games do come with printed manuals, while later ones such as Global Conflict Gold, Assault on Democracy and our WWI releases don't.

However, all releases do come with pdf files of Manuals, and some also come with pdfs of Strategy Advice and other information. When installed, each game has a Manuals folder which will contain the relevant pdfs.

3. Yes, if your computer plays the demo ok then it is a good indication that the whole game will run fine too. Try them out first just to be sure.

And if you get stuck with anything, we are here to help. :)

Bill

Hi

SC Global comes with four global campaigns, so none are quite as small as you're thinking of, but I would recommend starting with the 1939 World at War campaign as the tempo builds up over the course of the game, and you can always restart once you've learned a few things from it. Then try again and do better! :)

Some of our other releases do contain smaller campaigns, but the Global one is for the bigger campaigns.

Be sure to take a look at this thread too while learning the ropes. Even though it was mainly written with our WWI games in mind, the majority of the information in it will help you get a good grasp of how things work:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=107356

Bill

Bill,

Thanks for clearing that up. I played a demo last night and I can tell this is a subtle and complex game. I keep putting various combinations in my cart then changing my mind! (Don't worry, I'll buy some today or tomorrow)

That's a great thread you have. FWIW, have you seen this app? http://pp2pdf.tipido.net/index.php/en/help.html It's for Firefox and converts Internet pages to PDFs without a hitch. Not connected to the app in any way whatsoever, but for example that thread is now a PDF in my Strategic Command Folder.

If you have time, I'm wondering why no hexes and why planes don't fly around. It's not a criticism, I'm just not used to the Morshcauser (sp?) system of squares and like shiny.

Anyhow, thanks again for all your help!

Hi Stevens44,

For not having hexes this was just a design decision from many years ago but our first game used hexes and we will be moving back to hexes in the future.

There is some thought to putting SC games on the Mac and for iPads but nothing official at the moment.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

Hey Hubert, go ahead with this idea and you will earn a lot of money I guess ;-)