Twitch.tv

Davek555

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please Chris how do you do the sighting target line form the end of a waypoint? I've tried to replicate this but always fail. The manual is not clear on this.

I've been playing this since the year dot but your videos always teach me something new..

Well done.

Cheers,

Verulam.

Please Chris how do you do the sighting target line form the end of a waypoint? I've tried to replicate this but always fail. The manual is not clear on this.

I've been playing this since the year dot but your videos always teach me something new..

Well done.

Cheers,

Verulam.

You click on the 'dot' at the end of the waypoint, then select one of the target commands.

You select the waypoint, then choose a targeting order. Pre-RT, until you finalise the order, the line is drawn from the current position of the unit, but it is calculated from the waypoint you have selected (from the centre of the waypoint AS, at the current height of the unit, to the centre of the AS where you're mousing over at either the ground or 1m elevation). When you click to set the target, the targeting line is drawn from the waypoint where it was calculated from. It has ever (right back to CMSF) been thus.

I haven't trawled through Chris's vids: is the line now drawn from the waypoint?

You select the waypoint, then choose a targeting order. Pre-RT, until you finalise the order, the line is drawn from the current position of the unit, but it is calculated from the waypoint you have selected (from the centre of the waypoint AS, at the current height of the unit, to the centre of the AS where you're mousing over at either the ground or 1m elevation). When you click to set the target, the targeting line is drawn from the waypoint where it was calculated from. It has ever (right back to CMSF) been thus.

I haven't trawled through Chris's vids: is the line now drawn from the waypoint?

Yes it was from the end of the way-point itself.

What is the height of the the viewpoint used in calculations of LOS line from a waypoint ? Is it the same like when projecting a LOS line from this unit, or is it some universal height value ?

It is supposed to be the height of the unit as it currently is. So if you're trying to set a future firing order for a team of infantry who are currently prone, they won't be able to shoot over a wall they'd have to kneel to see over, but if one of them is kneeling, you'll be fine. I don't know precisely how vehicles are treated.