Ladder Shooting, Troop Morale and some Questions

TimoS.

I understand Luke's point. But, that's like saying "you just bought this new car, why not start tinkering with it so you understand it better".

That's not what many of us enjoy doing or want to spend our valuable play time doing... especially when you consider there are many players here who seem to enjoy the tinkering part better than actually playing. It makes perfect sense when one has a question to ask the super grogs here about it, since it's almost certain that someone has figured it out years ago.

I'd say it's more like: "You just bought this new car, why not drive it so you understand how it goes, better."

Exactly, for Erwin's analogy to work it would be more, "you bought this new game, try messing with the code." You can break things with your car tinkering with it, but you can't break anything in the game by trying things with the editor.

The car analogy actually could be better done, instead of asking someone else likes your car and how it handles, why don't you take it for a spin?

My take on it is you bought the car so take it for a spin as in "you bought the game so PLAY it".

Many of us here do not want to tinker with any "engine". I appreciate that there are those who love doing that sort of thing and apparently they cannot understand why the rest of us prefer to "ask a mechanic" when they have an issue.

My take on it is you bought the car so take it for a spin as in "you bought the game so PLAY it".

Many of us here do not want to tinker with any "engine". I appreciate that there are those who love doing that sort of thing and apparently they cannot understand why the rest of us prefer to "ask a mechanic" when they have an issue.

Actually it is more like, asking "how do I change the radio channel, how's the volume, is the bass too high? Are we there yet? What does this button do? What's in the glove compartment, are we there yet?" :D

And yet you are the same person who wants to pile on each and every graphics mod into your game and is constantly asking which mods are compatible with another. :) You are tinkering, in other words.

I KNOW... And it's a total PITA!

Even with CM1, there were times I was spending more time looking at mod bmp's trying to figure out which ones I liked more. CM2 is more complex in that regard as they keep getting obsolete and I have no idea what is working now. I just pile all the mods in and let God sort em out lol.

If I could pay for a complete set of mods that were presorted to reflect my preferences, so I could spend all my time playing instead of tinkering...