CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

Looks good Elvis.

I too was hoping to see the Ju-87G do some - possibly unexpected - damage to Bil, but I know that with points-tweaking eventually something has to be left behind.

I know it was cheap- what was the rarity ? Edit: ok, never mind, I found your earlier screenshot. Hmmmm. 26 points. I'd think it would have more effect than 1 straggler squad...

Looks good Elvis.

I too was hoping to see the Ju-87G do some - possibly unexpected - damage to Bil, but I know that with points-tweaking eventually something has to be left behind.

I know it was cheap- what was the rarity ? Edit: ok, never mind, I found your earlier screenshot. Hmmmm. 26 points. I'd think it would have more effect than 1 straggler squad...

Guys, as Steve has posted, BFC is in the process of redoing how German air support works, so including it in the current game could potentially cause problems.

Looks good Elvis.

As akd says.....not everything is ready for Prime Time.

Which equipment and weapons does straggler groups have? How many men per group? Ammo??

A full strength Straggler Group formation is about 200 soldiers, most of whom are armed with Kar.98s and a few SMGs, x4 LMGs, and x2 HMGs. They can also carry panzerfausts.

Hmm sounds very good! When I can take my hand in the game, I will try them out! The Panzerschreck units you purchesed were great against Tanks! Loved them in cmbn! Took out so many shermans an cromwells with those babys! You've got a strong unit! I am interested how good they will do against the T34 Tanks in game. cant wait for your battle report ;-)

Sure, it looks like too much to defend. But that's because it is! Therefore, (here it comes) ATTACK!!! Use those gaps to your advantage. Bil can't defend when he's attacking, can he? ;)

Long range firepower, leapfrog strongpoints, and a reserve. Oh, and the promise of reinforcements tomorrow morning.

Ken

Can anyone quickly tell me the answer to the following. Does the paid update 2.0 come with the Red thunder expansion ?

I need to know if I have to pick up both or is 2.0 already integrated?

If you are asking whether Red Thunder has the v2.0 features along with the v3.0 features, then yes. It's cumulative, it has every engine upgrade made thus far.

I agree with C3K 100%. Bil is pretty good at scouting out your positions and then moving his units into ideal spots to get targets. If you mount an aggressive attack he is not going to have the luxury of attacking in spots advantageous to his force. Throw home run hitters curve balls and watch them struggle.

Let's talk about this whole Ju-87G business. It isn't a dive bomber. Why not? They removed the dive brakes, the oxygen system and pretty much anything else not absolutely essential to flight, except the radio, tail guns and such, in an effort to get the weight down on a heavy, hard to handle, manually controlled aircraft sporting 2 x BK-37 cannon at 800 lbs per. Even so, crashes because the pilots were exhausted from wrestling it through the sky and couldn't control it on landing caused most of the losses, not the Russians. You can go watch vid of it on YT which shows it could manage an approach angle of not even 45 degrees.

Short of a huge typo (or the dreaded proGerman bias Steve's fulminated against since CMBO), I can think of NO remotely valid justification for a 26 point Ju-87G, unless it's smaller and uses rubber band power!

Consider: Ju-87B (with engine) 131,175 RM, Panther (no guns or radio) 117,000 RM. I got the first number from an Axis History Forum thread on weapon costs and the other from the Alam Hamby Tiger 1 site. Per Elvis's purchase screens at #33, a Panther G (early) is 360 points at typical settings. How, then, can a highly specialized Ju-87G element (1 or 2 planes? Standard aviation usage is two), whose Rarity should be enormous, possibly come in at not even a 10% of what a Panther costs?

Also, the minimum crew quality to fly this bird would be Veteran. Otherwise, just blow it up on the ground and save the pilot and tail gunner! This is particularly obscene when you take into account an LMG-34 team, at Standard Rarity and Typical, is 27 points. And a Stuka has two MGs of the same 7.92mm caliber in the rear. Not sure whether the Ju-87G removed the two forward MGs, but likely.

Shall be most interested in hearing the explanation for how these astoundingly low point costs resulted for what is very much an aerial sniper. If a sniper team is 24 points, how cool is it to get a tank killing sniper team--that flies--for 26 points. Quoth the Gunny "Outstanding!"

Regards,

John Kettler

It obviously had the payload of an airborne tactical nuclear bomb that badly affected handling and posed a severe risk to the crew but one must really draw attention to erroneous description of this ground breaking and devastating Nazi scumbag death machine as an "aerial sniper". Quite the contrary.

26 points is quite reasonable as they had whole Luftlotten of them.