CMRT - BETA AAR - German Side

BFCElvis

I don't quite have my screen shots ready (technical difficulties on my end)to post but since I saw that Bil has begun his I should open up mine (damn, he's fast).

As I imagine he has already posted we will be playing a Quick Battle game with myself playing the role of defending Germans. One of the reasons we decided on a Quick Battle is that we wanted to involve you guys some. Especially in the beginning.

I will be posting screen shots of my set up area and making some comments about what I see as his probable route of advance. Please take a look at the TO&E for the Germans in the game (http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=330&Itemid=567) and feel free to give me suggestions on my force selection. I will have 2500 points to work with and include screen shots of the purchase screens, so that you will have an idea of how much units will cost. I'd like to should you things that you are curious about seeing that are new with CMRT and balance that with my mission.

@Fuser, NICE!

Well, it looks like we've reached a rapid and inevitable consensus of a defending force consisting entirely of Hetzers.

Baring that, I'd kind of like to see element(s) from one of the new formations like the Sicherungs Battalion. Not as the linchpin of your force mind you, but just to show off some of the new stuff characteristic of the Bagration fighting.

ATTACK!

Buy some Hetzers. Then hetz him with them, like the T-shirt says.

Next, get some Panthers.

Cannon fodder: straggler companies. C'mon, let's watch them flee.

Next, as many mg-42's as you can beg, borrow, or steal.

Don't waste money of fixed/immobile assets. They'll die before getting a shot off. Bil is the master at recon and finding gamey, er, well-researched locations from which to fire at your forces. If it can't move, it will die.

How much would 2 dozen Hetzen (sp?) cost? Yes, you'd become a "hetzen-beast", forever famous.

One last word: watch the edges! ;)

Good luck!

Ken

P.S. TRP's, rocket artillery, and some crack FO's. Heh, heh, heh...

Airpower!, purchase a Ju-87G to smack Ivan upside the head, and slow his relentless advance.

Regarding airpower, has the x-ray vision of pilots been tweaked so that they cannot see into forests and buildings?

The sound of a Ju-87G screaming in a dive-bombing run is something to behold, and will send the Ruski's running for their rabbit holes. Hope the sound effects are modeled accurately.

Edit: Apparently the "Jericho Trumpet" was removed from the Ju-87's early in the war and was not present on the aircraft during Bagration.

Buy a Hetzer! Buy a Hetzer! Buy a Hetzer!

Mord.

P.S. A Hetzer would be cool!

P.S.S. Have you ever considered using a Hetzer to kill the Communist hordes?

I would probably have gotten a Hetzer even if no one had suggested it. At the risk of boring you with my war game history. .....Peng and I started playing AS in the early 80s, the Steel Panthers and through to CM. Whenever he had a Hetzer he DESTROYED me with it. Whenever I had one I would lose it quickly. I'm hoping to redeem myself with CMRT.

I made some purchase screen screenshots. I'll post it when I'm back in front of my computer and should have map screenies up tonight. I'd like to pick my forces by tomorrow afternoon .

Hopefully Battlefront have seen the light and included "Nazi A-bomb VBIED" tactical nukes first 'seen' in action in '43. One or two deftly applied might use most of your allocated points but it would completely scupper Bil's plans...

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=110856

That was one of the funniest damn threads I have seen.

and this makes it relevant to this thread.

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showpost.php?p=1458102&postcount=71

Is that Elvis at the hatch? If I squint I think it is.

I would probably have gotten a Hetzer even if no one had suggested it. At the risk of boring you with my war game history. .....Peng and I started playing AS in the early 80s, the Steel Panthers and through to CM. Whenever he had a Hetzer he DESTROYED me with it. Whenever I had one I would lose it quickly. I'm hoping to redeem myself with CMRT.

^5! Can't wait to see it brew up some Red armor. It's the vehicle I've been waiting most for since we got the PSW 234/3 and JPz IV 70.

Mord.