CMSF will be eventually reborn

Buzz

" 01/30/14, 10:39 PM

Battlefront.com

Administrator

CMSF will be eventually reborn using whatever the current game engine is, then be able to keep up with the pack. However, I shudder at the thought of how much work this is going to be. The amount of changes we've made over the years is... uhm... larger than a few

The INTENTION is to make it so all the existing CMSF content, from all sources and all Modules, will work with the updated game system. Whether we can make that happen or not is unknown at this point. However, I can promise you that we will not give up easily on this goal. It's huge for all of us, so worth putting the time into figuring out how to make it happen should it prove tough going.

What is totally unknown is how much the last 4 years of game changes will impact existing scenario gameplay balance. It might be that we have to rebalance all the "disk" content and leave it to you guys to update user made stuff. We're hoping that rebalancing isn't needed because that would cause a big delay in getting product out to you guys.

I can not promise you guys anything in terms of timeframe, only that it is on our radar after Black Sea is out the door.

Steve

==============

Thank you Steve :D

Started a new thread with new title to emphasize CMSF will be reborn whatever the current game engine is when it arrives. If Battlefront can provide a way for CMSF fans to "update user made stuff" that would work . As for timeframe, Battlefront has so much quality product arriving regularly now I think most modern fans will have their game time filled for a while and... if not... Black Sea is on the way!

Thanks Battlefront :D

Great news. Thank you, Steve and all the hard-working BF guys.

Errr, that's not meant to imply that Steve is not also a "hard-working" BF guy... I am sure Steve works harder than all of them combined...

Um... that's not to say that the other BF guys are slackers who don't work hard enuff... I am sure they are working to their max capacity...

Ahhh... that's not to imply that their max capacity is inadequate...

Oh nevermind, I havn't quite got the hang of this "political correctness" thingy...

Am stoked that CMSF v3.0 or whatever is coming (eventually). Thanks!

BFC's long term plan as best I understand:

CM Red Thunder March 2014!

Sometime after CMRT is released, Battlefront will also release a 3.0 Upgrade for CMBN and CMFI.Fixes, tweaks, etc. that show up in Upgrade 3.0 for both Normandy and Italy will be made available to Red Thunder via a free patch.

A final CMBN pack.

A final CMFI pack.

A CM Bulge module/packs.

New modern Black Sea "NATO, Ukraine, Russia in near future" modules/packs.

More Eastern Front modules/packs broken up by year 1944,43,42,41 with successive titles so all of the Eastern Front is fully covered.

CMSF reborn using whatever the current game engine is…The INTENTION is to make it so all the existing CMSF content, from all sources and all Modules, will work with the updated game system.

If this business model is correct, Battlefront customers have enormous entertainment commodities in the pipeline. I am amazed at the breadth of war gaming on the horizon.

As Steve noted..." The amount of changes we've made over the years is... uhm... larger than a few :D" I know how much better the new CMFI/GL & CMBN/CW/MG are. Better in so many ways. Will be ordering CMRT 3.0 too. Can't help but imagine how great the NEW CMSF will play when it is available.... but I am sure it will be of the highest quality.

As Steve noted..." The amount of changes we've made over the years is... uhm... larger than a few :D" I know how much better the new CMFI/GL & CMBN/CW/MG are. Better in so many ways. Will be ordering CMRT 3.0 too. Can't help but imagine how great the NEW CMSF will play when it is available.... but I am sure it will be of the highest quality.

Every new game seems to up the ante. CMFI brought us 2.0, CMRT is coming with 3.0. If past history is any indication CMSF2 is gonna rock our world...again.

Hell maybe CMBN and CMFI would go straight to 4.0. Gawd I am getting chills

Every new game seems to up the ante. CMFI brought us 2.0, CMRT is coming with 3.0. If past history is any indication CMSF2 is gonna rock our world...again.

Hell maybe CMBN and CMFI would go straight to 4.0. Gawd I am getting chills

Hell Yeah! Battlefront is on a THUNDER ROLL and it feels so good:D

It's alive! Wow this is exciting news. Even if it winds up not happening, thanks BFC for trying. No other company would try and revive an over three year old (since the release of the NATO module) game. I will dream of perhaps someday trying to capture a bridge across the Euphrates.

CMSF Redux is brilliant news Blimey. I know you will make another round about the globe modding CMSF Redux. Thanks in advance.

Ukraine game "Black Sea" will be in play 1st. We will get to see the bases of CMSF Redux and .. get more when BFC gives new Life to CMSF. Many good play days ahead.

So, at the risk of getting too far ahead of things, IF it happens and sells well, I'm imagining that could pave the way for an additional Module or Battlepack. French/Italian/Spanish Module anyone?

We can hope. I asked some questions in another thread but they got buried. Be nice to see some other equipment added to the nations already involved as well. I am hoping they'll expand the time frame maybe out to like 2 years or more instead of 3 months.

Mord.

I think they should do that and probably implement snow. Looking back on it now i think its obvious 3 months was a under estimation of the games scenario.

That was one of the points I made in the buried post...A-Stan and Iraq are proof enough it wouldn't be an in and out deal...so a few years at least!

Mord.

That was one of the points I made in the buried post...A-Stan and Iraq are proof enough it wouldn't be an in and out deal...so a few years at least!

Mord.

I would be happy with a single year that just captures the different seasons. It would be breaking their story line but that would matter little to most of us.

That's just it though, it's a REMAKE so they could extend the storyline. And we the players and scenario designers are the ones really writing the history, every battle created and played adds to the milieu. Don't get me wrong I'd like them to keep the original starting date just extend it further out. There's a lot of room for expansion if one used Afghanistan and Iraq as a measuring stick.

Mord.

That's just it though, it's a REMAKE so they could extend the storyline. And we the players and scenario designers are the ones really writing the history. Don't get me wrong I'd like them to keep the original starting date just extend it further out. There's a lot of room for expansion if one used Afghanistan and Iraq as a measuring stick.

Mord.

I think the civil war is a good enough measuring stick for SAA. Despite deficiencies with their regular forces I'm actually impressed by their Republican Guard and the regimes resiliency in general. They would go down at some point against a coalition of nations but not as easily as the Iraqis did.

What would make this even better is if the new CMSF could include same era Afghanistan and Iraq content as well.

The existing CMA seems very limited in the scenario concepts. Even though you would think it would be fascinating, very few CMA scenarios or campaigns are compelling.

Given that I use CMSF to approximate Afghanistan and Iraq (for which the TO&Es for the NATO nations are in the ballpark) I would love to see some work to tailor CMSF to those conflicts (MRAPs, Iraqi and Afghan armies - a better way of doing IEDs and looking for and clearing said devices).

This. But I fear this is all really a pipe dream, and by the time they actually get around to it they'll decide the revenues aren't worth the effort. Probably a correct assessment.