Fire?

Im just assuming since it hasn't been announced as a feature, that fire does not randomly spread

Interesting, my first thought was the opposite - that if flame throwers were in fire was in and it would spread, ignite etc. Now you are making me wonder about that.

Remember the glass is always full (some portion might be air, but it is full)

Gents,

Long discussion on terrain fire to accompany flamethrowers (and all those other lovely sources of ignition), and I'll leave official announce to BFC, but suffice to say you won't see it in - at least the initial release - of CMRT. I lobbied for, but each new feature comes with a cost in programming time/effort, tradeoffs, system/graphics stability, etc... and flames did not make the cut when looking at work vs. benefit. Just trust that the crew is doing the best they can to enhance the game engine in meaningful ways without having to redo the whole thing from scratch. I sincerely hope that the other dramatic improvements will suffice for now, until further evolution occurs.

Gents,

Long discussion on terrain fire to accompany flamethrowers (and all those other lovely sources of ignition), and I'll leave official announce to BFC, but suffice to say you won't see it in - at least the initial release - of CMRT. I lobbied for, but each new feature comes with a cost in programming time/effort, tradeoffs, system/graphics stability, etc... and flames did not make the cut when looking at work vs. benefit. Just trust that the crew is doing the best they can to enhance the game engine in meaningful ways without having to redo the whole thing from scratch. I sincerely hope that the other dramatic improvements will suffice for now, until further evolution occurs.

I have no problems with fire not being fully implemented. As much as I would love to see buildings/fields etc slowly catch on fire I also want to see it done correctly. I know BF has limited resources and lots of stuff on their plate. Not everyone may agree in what order they'd like to see features done but I'm of the crowd that I just play the game, not make it. I'll leave that kind of stuff to those who do as they know better about things like that. I simply look forward to the day it may be in the game and appreciate being told if it will or won't be.

What is in this release will keep me busy for a long time as it is. :)