CMRT - BETA AAR - Soviet Side

The issue here is the game considers the Hetzer effectively spotted. So how then to narrow down what "spotted" means in terms of when the hit decals are/aren't shown? I'm not sure there is an easy way for the game engine to show one element and not another until a separate set of spotting conditions are met.

Agree that it would be nice if that could happen, but like Bil... overall it's a plus to the game even if there is a rough edge or two.

Steve, how will it work if a pre-destroyed vehicle is placed on the map? Will it be rendered with random hit decals or will they look like they do right now, without any hit decals?

Elvis made a push this turn.. he moves Hetzer 2 and the Panther into the woodline attempting to get eyes on my T34s...

12927684203_5776c31a16_b.jpg

...this is the first I've actually laid eyes on Hetzer 2 for a long time now...

12927684443_dd13e4a060_b.jpg

...T34 #1 takes aim, fires, and knocks out the Hetzer with one round. Note the penetrations, both entrance and exit holes are highlighted.

12927568925_2ee72f2a59_o.png

Finally, the Panther moves into view, T34 #1 again takes aim and fires, it gets a hit (can you spot the decal?), and other than some internal spalling it does not appear there is any damage. the Panther fired at the T34 before coming to a halt, missing high.

Both tanks are frantically reloading... I am not hulldown to the Panther from this location.

Next turn, one of these tanks will fall.

12927568625_92668aa007_b.jpg

TANK versus TANK

Two notable actions this turn... let's roll our sleeves up and get right into it...

First up, T34 #1 versus the Panther.. the T34 gets the first shot off.. but... well, rule of thumb in tank warfare... do NOT miss.

Watch the video: T34 v Panther

12937404355_47d0f8863c_b.jpg

Then I crept forward with T34 #2 and took a shot at Hetzer1.

Watch the video: T34 v Hetzer

12937817844_44ab21664c_b.jpg

Here is the current situation.. note the enemy infantry unit coming out the top of KT6...

Next turn I am peeling off the ISU-122s and attacking the flak gun and starting to get some fire on to ROT.

12937817774_5d2ed0b9cc_b.jpg

Hmm... ISU-122 vs. Flak Gun... I wonder who will win that exchange? :D

Elvis can't afford a 1 for 1 trade with his AFVs. As far as we know he only has 2 remaining (both of which might have suffered damage) and Bil has 4 (one of which suffered damage). The math is only in Elvis' favor if he sharpens his pencil :)

Steve, my math only gives him one tank remaining, the Panther... I think I would have noticed another one by now. ;) In case you missed it he has lost both Hetzers now, one last turn, and the one this turn. So 2:1 in my favor in the last two turns.

Great videos Bil, it's quite a case of "so close yet SO FAR". I hadn't got the impression the wind was strong, those trees are really shaking in the background. It kind of adds to the drama :)

On the other hand, it seems to me that are about to get the ISU's on the Panther rear aspect.

I don't want to be crass, but I wonder how that cat is going to react when it realizes you're on top of it with two dinosaur-sized 122mm suppositories in your hands. :D

The result was inevitable...

12940931415_1e9e1f25e0_b.jpg

...when you look at how I was hemming the big cat in.

T34 HQ tank was hull down deep in the woods moving slowly until it achieved a clear spot... T34 #2, after killing the Hetzer last turn rushed across the railroad tracks, with the SMG Squad leading the way and closed off any retreat.

The Panther never moved.. T34 HQ spotted and fired, achieved two penetrations, though the first one was the killing blow.

12941041363_018f57cf11_b.jpg

ISU Section

The ISU's pulled into position, one had the task of killing the flak gun, the other was to reduce the infantry concentration as shown... both achieved hits.

The flak had previously been abandoned (I had been pouring HMG fire into it for several turns.. must have paid off) so next turn both will concentrate on the infantry concentration.

12941345644_d5789e2919_o.png

Nearing the End

As can be seen from this overview of this part of the battlefield, Elvis is close to the end...

oh, by the way, though an enemy contact is showing in Blau in this image, that objective was finally cleared of the last stubborn defender. That flamethrower team was one tough SOB. I'm looking forward to seeing his kill stats.

12941041063_bd36f14ec3_b.jpg

Heh... I guess the advice I gave Elvis about what to do with his Panther is not going to be terribly useful to him now :D

One thing that never ceases to amaze me with CM is how quickly things can go from one extreme to another. A few turns ago it looked like Elvis could still put up a decent fight. But now? Since this is a QB it's probably a good bet that he doesn't have any tricks up his sleeve that you need worry about.

Steve

Heh... I guess the advice I gave Elvis about what to do with his Panther is not going to be terribly useful to him now :D

One thing that never ceases to amaze me with CM is how quickly things can go from one extreme to another. A few turns ago it looked like Elvis could still put up a decent fight. But now? Since this is a QB it's probably a good bet that he doesn't have any tricks up his sleeve that you need worry about.

Steve

I think his mistake, and what gave me an opportunity was when he moved his armor forward a few turns ago.. I think he felt he had to do something.. he needed infantry with his armor, too bad he didn't pick up some tank riders so his tanks could get some intelligence. Seemed like he was trying to coordinate his infantry with the armor... but that infantry was never getting across that open ground successfully.

One boo-boo he made (I think) is he drove the Hetzer straight into the treeline then used Face. What he should have done was maneuvered, using waypoints, the Hetzer into the trees already facing you. He would have presented a smaller target and his frontal armor. But instead he gave you a nice flank shot against a larger profile with weak armor.

Steve

I haven't tested it out but Hetzer vs 85mm gun at that range it might not have made much of a difference which direction he was facing.

...Haw haw! I just Googled T34 bow thicknesses and the first thing to pop up was MY OWN comments on the subject from eight years ago for CMBB. I suppose that's immortality, of a sort. A fun read down memory lane:

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=40414