A thread for each feature: command & control

The feature list is indeed very nice, but it wasn't until I reached the bottom that I read what I was expecting:

All Squads can split, however Soviet units are less reliable when not in direct visual LOS of their Squad Leader

This is just great. But makes me wonder what does this "less reliable" remark mean exactly: is this that Russian squad 'teams' are prone to have bad morale effects - red marquee around the unit morale modifier in the info box - more often regardless of their level of motivation, training/experience and leader quality? Or rather it does mean than we can expect delays or mix-ups when carrying orders?

Squads can act as HQs for better historical accuracy

What does this mean? That platoons without their HQ teams will have one of the squads designated to be the command group? Is this something meant to be used by scenario designers, or it can happen in the field (say, the HQ is on-map but gets hosed and then the command is passed)?

What does this mean? That platoons without their HQ teams will have one of the squads designated to be the command group? Is this something meant to be used by scenario designers, or it can happen in the field (say, the HQ is on-map but gets hosed and then the command is passed)?

AFAIK that is specifically referencing that in some Soviet orgs, there was no platoon HQ element, so the first squad includes the platoon leader and is both a multi-team squad and an HQ.