1.03 rough eta

Hi Mathias,

We will continue to support these games in terms of ensuring game balance, stability and fixes but not much more from that as our focus is now on moving forward.

New features or significant changes are not really on the table at this point and more or less all will be revealed once the patch is officially released.

I hope you understand and that being said we might have a slight delay now as there is a technical issue on our end with the latest patch, license software, that from past experience takes a few weeks to resolve.

Hubert

hi hubert,

weeks or days later? i wait, because changed maps will not patched unfortunately :(

mathias

Why not correct the map yourself? You can use the editor to change just about anything except the game engine itself.:D

hi hubert,

1.03 release is soon? this month or in march?

mathias

Just testing right now and if all goes well then soon enough... unfortunately I can't really be more specific than that right now because if something comes up then it will hold back the release until we can fix and test again.

But so far so good :)

Hubert

Hello Bill

I just played Operation Brilliance and noticed 2 things:

1. When all capitals are taken by the axis the game does not end.

2. It seems odd taking objectives in Africa would end the western powers attempt at re-taking Europe. Especially when the US falls 1st then all their units disappear and then it's left to England. It would seem that either both powers could still use the last remaining capital or perhaps there is an island somewhere where they can still resist an put up a fight such as representing Canada or the US. Just does not seem to end right.

Steel32

Ok I saw what you were talking about. I would have to put in a surrender script if what you did happens.

If the Allies get booted off Africa there is literally no chance for them to recover in the scenario. To launch a major invasion from across the ocean was next to impossible for any power at that time.

I am actually pretty surprised you booted the allies off of Africa. They have the larger army and navy.

Operation Flatiron same situation where there does not appear to be a surrender script when both capitals are taken in Iceland.

This one was a lot tougher to take than Brilliance. Tough to get a foot hold on inside the perimeter.

However on both games rather than going to a more defense stance to defend the allies in both scenarios either sent transports to Spain in Brilliance and amphibious kept coming in Flatiron even though in Brilliance it was clear that Africa capitals were threatened and even to the last turn in Flatiron where I was on the verge of taking Iceland.

Might be tough to do as the setup for the game is actually to have the allies attacking but if the scripts are capable of going both ways then they switch tactics until at least being able to protect their capitals. Perhaps not capable with the mechanics in the game though.

hello,

i have changed units on both sides, but the ai side do not buy the stronger units. can the ai not detect stronger units, must i add a script?

mathias

If you add new units that are not in it's production scripts then no they will not be built. The production scripts are very specific in which unit can or can't be build limited by the force pool of the scenario.

Operation Flatiron same situation where there does not appear to be a surrender script when both capitals are taken in Iceland.

This one was a lot tougher to take than Brilliance. Tough to get a foot hold on inside the perimeter.

However on both games rather than going to a more defense stance to defend the allies in both scenarios either sent transports to Spain in Brilliance and amphibious kept coming in Flatiron even though in Brilliance it was clear that Africa capitals were threatened and even to the last turn in Flatiron where I was on the verge of taking Iceland.

Might be tough to do as the setup for the game is actually to have the allies attacking but if the scripts are capable of going both ways then they switch tactics until at least being able to protect their capitals. Perhaps not capable with the mechanics in the game though.

I'll correct that. Thanks for finding that loophole.