scenario editor failure

Tried to get into this after a long lay-off - only to discover the desktop shortcut wouldn't work. All the components are still in place, so I reinstalled CMSF, patched it back to 1.08 - and can now get entry. Save that accessing Scenario Editor crashes it. What do I do to fix it?

Does ONLY the Editor crash the game or are you able to load up and play any game normally ? Are you attempting to load a particular scenario to edit or are you starting a scenario from scratch ?

How come you have it patched to only 1.08 ? I'm not specifically aware of any crashes in the Editor being addressed with later patches, but I'm curious how come you didn't install all of the patches ?

What Windows version, video card and video drivers do you have installed ?

You may want to uninstall the game completely and reinstall it from scratch (backing up any saved games, downloads, mods, etc. beforehand). Do you have only the base game or do you have some modules ? Is this the Battlefront distribution or the Paradox/Gamersgate one ?