Research Limits

That's very surprising because there seems to be so many things that a country can research and so many levels of research to achieve.

As an example, in the 1939 World at War scenario: for the UK I researched Industrial Tech & Anti-Sub warfare; for the USSR I researched Production Tech; & for China I researched Infantry Warfare. But I've already reached the maximum limits of research for each of them.

So I can't research anything else for the remainder of the war? Or am I misunderstanding something?

Thanks!

Hi

Once the research has been successful, then the MPPs invested will have been fully consumed and you'll be able to invest some fresh MPPs into new categories.

What we have in place is a limit on the amount of MPPs that can be invested at any one time, but throughout the game the actual amount invested can be far more.

I hope this makes sense?

Bill

I see. So the max research limit represents the maximum research capacity of a country at any one time, not the total research points invested for the whole scenario. So for example, the US can do more research at one time than China.

Another question. If you don't invest in anything at all in a category, there would still be a small chance to gain a research level? For example, if Russia never invests in Advanced Subs, they still could get an advancement?

thanks!

• 2 weeks later...