Problem with US aid event for China using Hanoi-Kunming railroad

Hi :) ,

- Lately in AoD I always find myself desperate for MPPs with China and it's even worse than before.

- Paying more attention to stats and events something seems wrong starting with the fall of Nanning when the event supposed to give +30MPPs of US aid using the Hanoi-Kunming railway should kick in (and just to be clear: Hanoi isn't in jap hands).

- I can see the cost of the event being deducted from US income but nothing is added to chinese income :eek: . Maybe Tchang is pocketing the money to bribe some communist warlords :D ?

- So I'm afraid the event chain is broken. Didn't go far enough in my hotseat game to see if the following events (via Burma and the airlift thing later) work but I don't remember them starting in regular multiplayer games (or you need Burma fully mobilized ?).

- Anyway not seeing those 30MPPs makes defending China a complete nightmare if Japan attacks full force. It's nearly impossible to keep the first capital past 1940.

- Once you lose Nanning and the nearby mine plus Chengchow early it's -40MPPs then Ichang and Changsha is -20MPPs and you're down to barely 70MPPs. With Chungqing and the nearby mine out it's -30MPPs and you fall under 50MPPs.

- At this point getting industry tech doesn't help much as the % bonus apply on a ridiculously low amount. So even if you get several levels you'll never see 100MPPs again. And actually you will probably never have enough MPPs to buy industry tech chit anyway given chinese loss rate in 1939-1940.

China_USAID1.jpg

China_USAID2.jpg

Hi Strategiclayabout

The income to China is actually given via the resources on the bottom right edge of the map, with the Hanoi-Kunming railroad being provided by the mines in 480,199 and 482,199.

The Burma road is represented by the mines in 476,199 and 478,199.

Hopefully these are all working as expected, but I can see that it can cause concern when you see the direct penalty applied to the US, but with no visible mention of the income for China.

Bill

Thanks for reading Bill :) ,

- I understand the extra income from US aid comes with the mines but it never materializes as usable MPPs for China. When Nanning falls it's -10MPPs (city lost) +30MPPs (US aid) = +20MPPs (after some times since the fall of Nanning reduces some chinese ressources for several turns).

- However those 20MPPs are nowhere to be seen:

* not in the MPPs end turn message

* not in the MPPs stat screen

* not in the available MPPs to use at the start of chinese turn

- Well I'll try to start another hotseat game to get relevant numbers by turn maybe I'm missing something ^^ .

Hi again Bill :) ,

- Sorry seems I have a hard time explaining this in english :( .

- Actually no: the mines are activated and provide max 3 supply/9MPPs each but it's nowhere near the 30 MPPs announced.

- China lose 10 MPPs when Japs capture Nanning (and some more in the north due to trade disruption but those locations recover by themselves so I don't count them).

- China should gain 30 MPPs with the US AID event. When all is said and done China should have an income of 20 MPPs more than before.

(if Japs don't take other ressources of course but I let them sleep in my hotseat games after capturing Nanning).

- If I include 2 mines at 9 MPPs it's 18 MPPs. With chinese industrial modifier at 60% I guess it becomes 10 MPPs...

- So the net chinese gain for the event with the fall of Nanning would be what I see ingame or around... 0 MPPs :confused: .

Hi Strategiclayabout,

For this one I think I've tracked it down and all we need to do is add a 3rd Chinese mine down there for this DE.

If I understand correctly, those mines would normally equal 90MPPs but at 50% they are then at 45MPPs and then with China's IM at 60% that works out to 27MPPs.

I can change the DE to read approximately 30MPPs as it could go up and beyond that if Chinese IM increases from 60%.

Hubert

Hi Hubert :) ,

- Those mines/oil wells at the edge of the map equal 90 MPPs with 10 supply but they don't go over 3 supply for 9 MPPs each it seems.

- So 3 mines would give 27 base MPPs then 16 MPPs with chinese 60% IM. Still half what's announced by the event...

- With things as they are you would have to add 3-4 mines instead of one to reach around 30 MPPs.

- I don't think you need to change the DE text. It's just there is quite a gap between 30 MPPs and what China actually receives.