Sign in to follow this  
evo6tme

black square floating icons?

I have just purchase market garden so did a clean install.

CMBN

V1.11

V2.01

MG

V2.11

In that order . Notice i do not own CF at the moment . All went fine with no problems . I fired up the game and went to Road To nijmegan first mission . All the us floatin icons are fine but all the german troop whereabouts are exposed with black square floating icons all over the map.

Any ideas as its unplayable at the moment as i know where they are??

Thanks

PS. On further investigation the floating black squares seem to be sound contacts! also helmets are black triangles. I took a couple of screenshots.Take no notice of the modded icons,i tried it to see if it would help. Things were the same without any mods..

CMNormandy2014-01-1616-46-06-04_zpsc3e7776f.png

CMNormandy2014-01-1616-45-56-06_zps29bc5378.png

Right just did some testing . At each update i tested to see were the problem was introduced . CMBN v1 is fine

CMBN v 1.11 is fine

CMBN v2.00 IS not fine! Men totally missing(just guns) and square black floating icons randomly about..

So it seams the bug is introduced when the base game is patched from 1.11 to 2.00 ..

This is very strange because i have been running this configuration for months trouble free.. So now i am verry confused !!!!!!!!!!!!????????????

CMNormandy2014-01-1618-18-30-74_zps370feb29.png

I've got the same issues; artefacts on helmets, 'invisible' units and black square icons. Mac version running on iMac: 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6770M 512 MB. I've raised a ticket and will let you know what the response is.

Update: Also tried clean install, skipping the CMBN v200 update. Same result and now the unit uniforms are all black to match the christmas tree artefact helmets.

Skipping the v200 update? Huh, you can't skip the upgrade.

Anyway, the last time we've had someone with this issue it was due to an incorrect installation, missing files. From the OP, I see that he's missing 1.01, although that shouldn't be the cause of this particular issue.

Another common issue is having mods installed that are incompatible with the version you're running.

Sorry i didn't update this ! After restarting my pc all was fine. I don't know why or what happened . I did do a couple of clean installs each time i found the problem without a restart . maybe something got stuck somewhere and needed the restart to be completely removed? God knows! All is good now though ..

Oh yeh just noticed i typed the wrong order and versions. Frustrated key bashing .... Stupid me!

Hi Moon, I checked the Install Read Me file prior to attempting this and it indicates that you can skip the v200 update;

"VERSION INFORMATION

The "Market Garden" module updates your "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy" game, including, if available, the Commonwealth Module, to v2.10 automatically. You can install this module over an existing working installation of "Combat Mission: Battle for Normandy" provided that it is at least v1.11.

..still didn't fix the issue but it may be worth checking or updating the Read Me .txt if v200 is required prior to CMMG.

Fixed!

Did a clean install including the Commonwealth force module (I had not been installing this module previously).

My install sequence was: CMBNv1.0>1.11>CMCF>2.00>CMMG>2.12>Restart

So I guess there is a critical bit of code in the CMCF module that allows the graphics card to render the unit display and icons correctly that isn't in the 1.11, 2.00 or 2.12 patches?

I have this very same problem on when I updated to 2.12 (base game + CF).

Already tried restart the computer and problem still exists.

Computer specs:

Intel i7 3615HQ

Nvidia GT640M (latest drivers updated)

8Gb RAM

Win7 x64

I experienced the same after installing Market Garden.I didn't have any problem before.I didn't understand well how to solve the problem.I have CMBN+ CW+MG updated at v.2.12.How can I fix this?.

I have this very same problem on when I updated to 2.12 (base game + CF).

Already tried restart the computer and problem still exists.

Computer specs:

Intel i7 3615HQ

Nvidia GT640M (latest drivers updated)

8Gb RAM

Win7 x64

Hmm, after short investigation seems that 2.12 update needs 2.0 paid update (http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=339&category_id=36&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26) before updating. I don't have that 2.0 update so maybe that is why textures are missing.

"This is the v2.11 patch for the 2.0 Upgrade Game Engine version, including any modules. You only need this patch if you have the 2.0 Upgrade installed (and if so, do not need any other patch)." quote from battlefront patch download page.

I updated from 1.11 to 2.12.

These new Combat Missions are bit expensive compared to old ones :/

Correct me, if I'm wrong?

Hmm, after short investigation seems that 2.12 update needs 2.0 paid update (http://www.battlefront.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&flypage=shop.flypage_bfc&product_id=339&category_id=36&manufacturer_id=0&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26) before updating. I don't have that 2.0 update so maybe that is why textures are missing.

"This is the v2.11 patch for the 2.0 Upgrade Game Engine version, including any modules. You only need this patch if you have the 2.0 Upgrade installed (and if so, do not need any other patch)." quote from battlefront patch download page.

I updated from 1.11 to 2.12.

These new Combat Missions are bit expensive compared to old ones :/

Correct me, if I'm wrong?

Yeah, it worked.

I bought Marker Garden + v2.0 bundle and installed those over existing installation and texture problems were gone.

Sign in to follow this