Dissappointed no Chrsitmas sale!

This has nothing to do with being a "real" fan or turning into Scrooge, and it is surely not nescessary to get personal.

I'm pretty sure that some kind of Christmas package with the chance for some moderate savings wouldn't have hurt anybody, while those who were looking out for it would have been satisfied. Maybe they would have even spread the word, drawing more gamers toward BF.

I can't imagine a scenario where more customers would be a bad end of such a christmas sale. BF could build a package of older SC releases, or they could offer the latest releases as a package. Don'r forget that the game engine is several years old, and all releases have been around for while right now.

BF has surely reasons not to offer a package. That is allright.

But asking for one, and being sad when none gets offered, is quite allright as well.

Dont agree Wormwood - I dont see any other companies offering sales on their front line products; indeed nor should they. We also need to remember that sales of niche products like SC are never going to be huge, and if we want Hubert to continue to make games then we need to support the company with money, and not ask for money off.

However a compilation package of older products I agree would be a good idea.

Cat of Call Highlander,

I am sorry you at once dived to the low Troll road. I own ALL of the SC series from number one. I have purchased duplicate copies of most all of them at full retail to give my friends. As my younger relatives get old enough to play I look forward to perhaps getting them as gifts to those whom, may or may not take to them. As I am near retirement age I do try to be wise with my money. Buying a gam or bundle on sale for some one who is new to this would be a better investment, than the sure bet of someone wanting to play these whom I have already bought for. By my own personal count I have bought 38 Battlefront games and copies over the years.

I hope you can reflect on your self imposed moral high ground as it does not reflect where I stand.

But if we do not make a means to expand our niche game players it will die out.

Merry Christmas to you!

We don't do sales often, in general, not just Christmas. I remember less than a handful of sales in the past 6-7 years. If we do them, it's usually for a very specific business purpose.

In my personal opinion (which does not necessarily reflect that of Battlefront as a whole), sales are good short term boosts for retailers with an unlimited supply of products but they are not good in the long run for the developer. As such, they are, in the long run, not good for the customer either, and if you look around and wonder where all the great wargames and wargaming companies are these days (heck, make that "gaming"), sales may be why. No, make that SALES!!!!!

Way over-hyped.

That isn't to say that over-priced is the way to go, either, and if we were, we'd be making lots of SALES!!!!, too ;)

Martin

Well these games were going to be gifts for my nephews. Trying to bring in new recruits, god forbid that. So I bought them Dragon age, Skyrim, and Borderlands 1 and 2 each. And they will love them and not learn strategic command.