Christmas Bone

I was giving them until the end of Jan 31st, so they still have 4 days.

And just because I think it warrants noting - It is January 30th. Steve met the timeline. :eek:

He also gave a target release date which even if it slips a little is better than I think any of us would have been willing to bet on.

Yeah baby we are definitely hitting stride and there is sooooo much more to come.

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I came, I saw, I pre-ordered.

Let's see, that would make for a CMBO pre-order, CMBB pre-order, CMAK pre-order, CMBN pre-order, CMCW pre-order, CMFI pre-order... hell, anything in the 'historic' timeframe gets a pre-order (sorry, just not into the new tech warfare), and I can honestly say that I've never been let down by the Battlefront crew. Even bought twice on two titles (PC and Mac), because I have seen the light and gone Mac OS X, and had to switch the titles I was playing at the time.

Zeit für Rock'n'Roll. (if the translation sucks, I blame Babelfish).

And just because I think it warrants noting - It is January 30th.

Ahem. West of the International Date Line it was already January 31st. when the announcement was made.

Steve met the timeline.

By the skin of his teeth. Still, a commendable performance given how many uncertainties there can be in this process.

Michael

Ahem. West of the International Date Line it was already January 31st. when the announcement was made.

Michael

Stop being contrary, you are in the same time zone as me. Do the denizens of the cesspool know that you got out? Christ some neighbors, lettin their Emry's out to do his business all over our lawns.

Stop being contrary, you are in the same time zone as me. Do the denizens of the cesspool know that you got out? Christ some neighbors, lettin their Emry's out to do his business all over our lawns.

Yeah Emrys, isn't it time for you to crawl back into bed as you yourself previously suggested? I imagine a man your age spends most of his time in the sack anyway. You might as well hibernate since you won't see the sun until April up there in PT.

I take full credit for my daily reminders getting it out on time!

You have no idea how right you are! At the risk of violating my Beta NDA, I'll reveal what happend about a month ago:

Beta team: "Hey, BFC, this East Front testing gig is getting us down!"

Steve: "Yeah, me too. I'm totally worn out."

Beta team: "How about we take a few months off and just smell the roses, or even just play CMBN?"

Steve: "I like that plan."

Beta team: "Should we reconvene around July?"

Steve: "Wait!!! Cymru has just reminded me that I promised we'd get it out soon! Get back to work, you freeloading minions!"

It was close, man, real close. Thanks.

;)

Ken

Steve: "Wait!!! Cymru has just reminded me that I promised we'd get it out soon! Get back to work, you freeloading minions!"

;)

Ken

So, my "Steve, How Close Are We?" thread played no part? WTF? I worked REALLY hard on that you know!

Mord.

You have no idea how right you are! At the risk of violating my Beta NDA, I'll reveal what happend about a month ago:

Beta team: "Hey, BFC, this East Front testing gig is getting us down!"

Steve: "Yeah, me too. I'm totally worn out."

Beta team: "How about we take a few months off and just smell the roses, or even just play CMBN?"

Steve: "I like that plan."

Beta team: "Should we reconvene around July?"

;)

Ken

Just as well. Us septuagenarians get pretty ornery dagnabit. Remember, I was born during the battle of Kursk (well not actually there, but at the same time), so I have a stake in this.

Quoting Mord:

'If I watch a modern doc, I can jump in and game CMSF, read a book on Italy, I can expand upon it in CMFI. The more the better. It gives me all these options to explore military history over multiple mediums—a truly concrete interactive experience. Learning has never been more enjoyable and exciting'

That's exactly my interest - therefore; 'very well said'.

BINGO!

Quoting Mord:

'If I watch a modern doc, I can jump in and game CMSF, read a book on Italy, I can expand upon it in CMFI. The more the better. It gives me all these options to explore military history over multiple mediums—a truly concrete interactive experience. Learning has never been more enjoyable and exciting'

That's exactly my interest - therefore; 'very well said'.

BINGO!

I couldn't agree more...+1

@ LUCAS

It does seem less than logical to battle against chrono-logical events. After all, historically speaking, the lightning (Blitz) came before the (Red) Thunder. I do, however, understand BFC's rationale for turning back the clock one year at a time.

Believe it or not, I even contemplated holding off on any further purchases until BFC released CM: Barbarossa, all in the name of historical integrity.

Nah, who am I kidding? Let's party like it was 1944!