German Japanese Co-Operation

Hello

I have an interesting situation in a tourney game against Tomi. Despite Turkey being in Japanese hands and having an unbroken rail line into axis controlled Bulgaria and beyond, Japanese ground units cannot op move any further west than Istanbul.

My question is this by design, oversight or a bug?

As far as I new thats by design.

Likewise, American and british units cant op move in Soviet territory and vice versa, and both makes perfect sense to me.

It might be just a game, but its about WWII, and a bit historical realism should be in order.

Bringing Jap ground and air units to Europe or Allied units to Russia and operating them around for full cooperation is IMHO more than a bit gamey.

And I personally just hate gamey strategies ;-)

As far as I know this is a feature and no bug.

statusjapan.png

Germany and Japan couldn't move in their national earth. I have a (German sorry) pic about this. Japs are not cooperative to their allied Nations and

could only operational move to places they conquer and own theirselves. I made this in my matches several times. If the Japs have conquered Turkey

they have the additional problem of a broken rail

http://www.battlefront.com/community/showthread.php?t=112727

Only that last issue 2) is a (minor) bug. Sorry to Tomi.

- About that in a late AoD game with Amona I'm trying some things just to see if it works and you can actually send axis air support to the Pacific from Europe if you conquer Portugal and get Timor. You operate air units to Dili (I think that's the name) and then can move them manually over DEI islands.

- The funny thing is Japs share supply with western axis in eastern conquered countries (Burma, DEI, Indochina...) so you can upgrade western axis units there but operating doesn't work. However in Manchuria/Japan/jap islands you won't have any supply.