aod and ww1

Hi Mathias,

I believe the unit type list is different from WWI to AoD so you'd have to match the setup from the original AoD unit bitmap files and adjust the WWI files to match before copying over.

For example, go through the list of unit types in WWI and compare them to the unit types in AoD and the total numbers and this will give you an idea of how many slots per type are needed so that the bitmap file size (x pixel width and y pixel height) matches correctly.

Then you'll need to adjust the unit names in the localization.txt file to match as well.

The best thing to do is to make a copy of the campaign you want to modify and make all the changes in the campaign subfolder, i.e. use a customized localization.txt file and customized bitmap folders to make your changes there so that this way you don't alter the default files.

I would take a look at the subfolder for the 1939 World At War campaign to see how customized localization text and bitmaps are handled per campaign.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

It is included in the default Sound folder for AoD, which would be where ever the game is installed and then the Sound folder in the same root directory where you can find the game EXE.

The campaign subfolders only include changed items, i.e. customized items for that particular campaign, which would have a 'Maritime' bomber sound for the airship sounds in let's say the 1939 World At War campaign.

In this case, since the maritime bomber uses the 'airship' slot, if you play the airship sounds in the subfolder it will sound like a bomber instead of an airship.

The airship sounds in the default Sound folder will sound like airships.

Essentially the names need to be the same for the sound files for each unit type but they can indeed be different sounds if you want the unit to sound like something else.

Hopefully this makes sense and helps,

Hubert

• 2 weeks later...

merry christmas!

i must manually activate the fly sounds for airships, maritime bombers and also change the anti-tank sound there? the anti-tank have the railgun explosion sound, why not the "own" sound?

which country is the 65th or empty? in the list are only 64.

for 1.03:

goa was portuguese

galapagos was ecuadorian

the german landscape 2 colours, not one?

the capitals like paris again to bad defended by the ai

mathias

i must manually activate the fly sounds for airships, maritime bombers and also change the anti-tank sound there?

Yes if you want customized sounds for those unit types that use those sound files.

the anti-tank have the railgun explosion sound, why not the "own" sound?

In some cases we use duplicate sounds such as this but left individual sound files for each in case modders would like to use more specific sounds customized to their own taste.

which country is the 65th or empty? in the list are only 64.

There is one additional country slot 'Neutral' that is not listed in the Editor but can be seen in the various script files or localization.txt file.

Hubert

in earlier versions anti-tank have an own explosion sound, please change that in 1.03.

and goa and galapagos?

can i activate the 65th country?

do you can add with 1.03 a "localization" list to the editor, to change the assignment of flags, units, unit types, countries?

is that a bug, that hungary have no hq after joining the axis?

how i get the mpp's from fort de france?

mathias

Hi Mathias,

We'll look into some of the suggestions and to answer some of your specific questions, the 65th country is already used as a Neutral slot which is used in some areas of the game such as in South America or for Afghanistan and so on.

At the moment Hungary can build an HQ but does not start with one. For the Fort de France event you need to land an Axis unit in Fort de France to collect.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

hi hubert,

direct multiplayer battles on a server are not possible?

why is the ai so passive? bonus +2 make the ai units stronger and level +100% give the ai more mpp's? what can i do additionally?

patch 1.03 includes 1.01 and 1.02? and when you release 1.03?

do you know now a release quarter for sc3?

mathias

Hi Mathias,

Multiplayer servers are possible just not for the current series. For MPP messages I believe you need to have the messages option turned on in the OPTIONS dialog.

For official info on developmental timelines there is unfortunately not much we can commit to at the moment and this wouldn't be the right forums for it either ;)

Hubert

you mean, under fow is on, the message "lost 2 mpp's by bombing" is not displayed?

1.03 patch release date is to secret , i see :-)

mathias

It will be displayed if the resource is not considered hidden under FoW, i.e. if you can see the strength value of the resource you are attacking then you will see the lost MPPs message.

and where i find the localization files for flags, countries, units, areas? in some files are the countries and unit id's, that you mean?

There is only one localization file for the game which can be found in the root installation folder of the game. The file is called localization.txt.

For custom campaigns, you can place this file in the campaign subfolder and include only items that you want to be overwritten or customized for the game campaign.

If you take a look at some of the default campaigns you'll see how this works and with a few experiments you'll get the idea quickly enough as you can immediately see the changes even in the Editor.

However, you'll need to reload the campaign before you see the changes.

Hubert

You'll have to change the maximum experience allowed for the campaign under Campaign->Edit Combat Data to 5 so that max unit strength can then go to 15.

For Operational Movement restrictions you'll have to go to Campaign->Edit Country Data and change the settings for 'Air Op. Restrictions'