Intelligence/production/infrastructure

I never invest in infrastructure, hell, I don't actually know what it does, just that other stuff is more important.

Production is as useful as industrial in my humble opinion, particularly if you're playing the allies and need to mass produce units. Having just a couple of levels in Russian production will save you a lot of MPPs in the long run.

As Allies, the US normally have such a high research cap that intelligence is quite worthwhile. It can really slow down German teching and give the Russians a leg up.

Hi

I think that with Infrastructure, it might be worth it for the USA to invest in it early in the game as it reduces the cost of transporting units across the Atlantic, and also of operating air units to Europe.

In theory, it would benefit the UK too to invest in this early in the war, but given the threats facing Britain in 1940-42, I doubt it would be a good idea.

Germany, facing a war on two fronts, might benefit from it in the long run, but facing other demands and with more immediately pressing research needs, such as improving its tanks and aircraft, it may not be the best spend. That would really have to be decided depending on the situation.

Intelligence is definitely a good one to invest in, as not only does it help your research, it will also provide you with the locations of various enemy units at times, and this can be especially useful during naval battles.

• 2 weeks later...