Need some input for Cuff Titles

Saferight

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Still no normal maps ill get to that after my little hiatus.

I've noticed that normal maps do make a significant difference for helmets, especially for the chicken wire types.

I just had a thought: maybe the normals could be released as a separate download. Some folks might not want or care about them. I don't know whether that's a good idea or not, but I've been wondering how to handle normals for download myself, since they could potentially double the size of the package.

Your probably right Quintus a separate download sounds like the best route. Personally I've stopped using the shaders i prefer to see the lighting and fog effects more.

I'm putting my time off to use so I've started working on something for the Luftwaffe field division helmets. Here is one of the Luftwaffe decal helmets and a plain.

1d0k.jpg

Even though i don't have Fortress Italy and Gustav Line yet I'm toying around with some tropical helmets for those who do have it.

0hdd.jpg

Yeah, you have absolutely nailed these textures, and by textures I don't mean the bmps. I mean the actual textures of the objects themselves. They are photo realistic. I'd love to see you screw with a vehicle just as a test, to see if you could reproduce it on a machine.

Mord.

Yeah, you have absolutely nailed these textures, and by textures I don't mean the bmps. I mean the actual textures of the objects themselves. They are photo realistic. I'd love to see you screw with a vehicle just as a test, to see if you could reproduce it on a machine.

Mord.

i'd love to but that's currently way outside my area of expertise. I might give a car or something small a try.

i'd love to but that's currently way outside my area of expertise. I might give a car or something small a try.

I think you have the power! But yeah, I don't expect you to get into modding vehicles—there's a reason why we have so VERY few new paint jobs/camo schemes and why I stick to sound and icon mods! But I am interested to see what your texturing ability would look like...one of the OD vehicles would probably be the easiest. Maybe just the hood of the jeep? I'd love to see if that photo realism would transfer well to something bigger. No rush or intimidation...just if you ever get bored give it a go and let us see. However, be prepared to hide if you pull it off 'cause you know the hornets nest you will open. LOL.

Mord.

The way you dropped the shadows of the chicken wire on some of the helmets is nice. Really makes it look like it's off the surface of the metal, which in turn gives the illusion of shape to the helmet.

If you wanted to try something bigger, I'd stay relatively simple to start with. A small field gun like the 7.5cm IG could be a good place to start, or even just a mortar tube. See how it goes.

Personally I find normals to be a bit of a chore to make (plus it's a waste of time until you're absolutely sure you're done with the texture, since changing the texture often means redoing the normal), but there's no question they can look very nice.

@Mord and Qunitus Vehicles are a very intimidating task to take on. I might give it try but i like the suggestion from Quintus to try a mortar tube or cannon first. Anywho here is a very rough PIAT Bomb i did im not sure if the color banding matches the type that is depicted in the game but its something i decided to give a try

0zju.jpg

@Erwin and Para thanks

I think next i'm going to see what i can pull together for the fallschirmjager helmets and maybe go back to the SS cuff titles like i originally intended to do before getting sidetracked.

Beautiful. I appreciate the way you made the helmet bands blend in and no longer stand out so much. The flesh is a bit "fresh" and could do with a tan or dirt, but I know that's not what you're working on...

I wasn't sure if i should bother even doing those cause the stock ones are so awesome. I don't know if i could give em a tan i definitely could make em green.

Anyway i already have way more than 15 done. I'm going to be splitting it up between helmets i think are the better quality appropriate ones for NW Europe, and variety of ones for the Mediterranean, snow, etc.

Here is a few of the latter.

kt4s.jpg

Another thing i'm sure many have noticed the helmets are missing the back bolts and some of the side ones aren't placed correctly. Not a big issue for me but might annoy some of the helmet experts out there.

"The flesh is a bit "fresh"... The helmets are great. I was referring to thetroops' face skins. :)

I know you were and the offer stands would you like some green army men to command? I wonder why no one has tried that yet. Could have Green army versus the tan supported by hello kitty and pink pony armor. Jeez I need to sleep....