[Released] Various Tweaks

Rambler

I've had these laying around my hard drive for a quite awhile, and I thought I would upload them. They're at CMMODS.

No Zeltbahn-1 (CMBN 2.X): Removes the horizontal zeltbahn model, which appears at shoulder height on the German troops. All other zeltbahns will still appear in the game. CMBN 2.X only.

bjM13xy.jpg

Simple Red Cross: As the title says.

DCi3Kt6.jpg

Grass Tweak: Makes the distant ground texture identical to the map grass texture for a more seamless look. It also slightly changes the hue of both the distant ground and map grass texture. For use with stock terrain textures.

EzRogHH.jpg

thanks for your good mod, but it seems there is a little bug with the no zeltbahn mod, when I installed this,most of the zeltbahn at shoulder height disappeared as intended, but a few soldiers still got zeltbahn with dark color at the shoulder height and the model flickers or disappear and re-appeared if you see from some certain distance and angel. don't know why, it seems something wrong with the alpha channel. You can check this in the mission platoon patrol

Hey Erwin, unfortunately I'm not seeing this issue at all on my end. I took a look at the Germans in Platoon Patrol, as well as a couple other scenarios, and there weren't any issues with the no zeltbahn mod. It sounds like it may be conflicting with another mod. Try putting three or four z's in front of the filename so that it loads last.

Anyone else run into this issue?

• 2 weeks later...

Hister, fmhpov it is not a matter of history....for me it is just a "it doesn't make sense" feeling...sure when you are moving from one area to another, without expecting any combat, any combatant will carry whatever at soulder height. But when entering combat zone, where you are expected to run, jump and hit the dirt and again and so on and on, you will get rid of any "not fully fix" cargo moving and bumping at your back, even if it is as light as the part of your tent...having weights hanging at waist height is not as unconfortable (again fmhpov)...

I think that is why i could not play US infantry and get myself inmersed... just cause of the "square school books carrier" back pack some GIs carried....just seeing that and i start to shake my head and feel it does not make sense...

I hope that some day Rambler could give us another "that is right" feeling mod

I think that is why i could not play US infantry and get myself inmersed... just cause of the "square school books carrier" back pack some GIs carried....just seeing that and i start to shake my head and feel it does not make sense...

Oooookay, if you say so. Better not look at the British troops, because they're much the same way.

Thanks guys, glad you were able to get that issue sorted.

No problems the zeltbahn mod on my game version (latest). Very good simple mod. Does it work for the SS lads too?

Regards to all

Good catch. Checked the SS guys, and apparently it uses a different named model/texture; meaning it still appears. I'll put up an SS version this weekend. It works on all other formations, though.

I hope that some day Rambler could give us another "that is right" feeling mod

IIRC you did request that mod some time ago. It wasn't possible with CMBN 1.X, but is definitely doable with 2.X. I'll also upload a mod that gets rid of the GI's knapsack bookbag thing for you :).

Are you sure it works with Luftwaffe troops? I'll check again but I'm pretty sure I've seen it not working with LW infantry.

Yep, it works on Luftwaffe troops as well.

Rambler,

On the first screen how do you get the camo helment to work? I just can't get any

helment mod's to work? running CMBN-CW-MG Ver 2.12

That's actually just the stock helmet cover texture, as I'm not running any helmet or uniform mods right now. The game should periodically select it when it loads a scenario. It doesn't appear all of the time, though.

Ok, here are some additional tweaks. Consider them stocking stuffers for this Christmas :):

No SS Zeltbahn-1 (CMBN 2.X): Removes the shoulder height zeltbahn from the SS troops. CMBN 2.X Only

rUiUJiN.jpg

No US Packs (CMBN 2.X): Removes the M1928 or M1936 packs from the US troops. Each pack has its own brz, so you can choose which one, or both, to delete. CMBN 2.X Only.

OMzsld2.jpg

Rambler,

Thank's for your answer on my post about helmet mod.

I think I found my problem. I had the Wehrmacht unit portraits Helmet Insignia Mod

installed. I think that was causing any helmet mod I installed not to show up.

I have a second install ver 2.10 and the helmet's mod work fine.

Thank's again

Lane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey Erwin, unfortunately I'm not seeing this issue at all on my end. I took a look at the Germans in Platoon Patrol, as well as a couple other scenarios, and there weren't any issues with the no zeltbahn mod. It sounds like it may be conflicting with another mod. Try putting three or four z's in front of the filename so that it loads last.

Anyone else run into this issue?

Hey Rambler, Yes I am still having problems exactly as described by Erwin.Rommel in the second post. Have four z's in front but makes no difference. I thought it may be the Wehrmacht uniform mod that I have but the same thing occurs with FJs and I don't have any FJ uniform mods. Curiously the SS mod that you did works fine and I DO have SS uniform mods!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Hilts, I checked the alpha channel and there are no problems with it. Still not seeing that error on my end. The FJ share the same zeltbahn bmp with both the Wehrmacht and LW troops, so it still might be the Wehrmacht mod conflicting with it. Couple things you can try is to first add more z's at the beginning of the filename. Secondly, the uniform mod you're using may have a several different versions of the zeltbahn bmp, in which case my mod wouldn't work since it contains only one file. The way to fix that is to rezexplode my mod's brz and copy/paste two to three more versions of the zeltbahn bmp. Number the extra files consecutively, e.g. "filename" 2.bmp ("filename" is the name of whatever the zeltbahn bmp is called). Rezpack those files and make sure the new brz loads last in your z folder.

Hey Hilts, I checked the alpha channel and there are no problems with it. Still not seeing that error on my end. The FJ share the same zeltbahn bmp with both the Wehrmacht and LW troops, so it still might be the Wehrmacht mod conflicting with it. Couple things you can try is to first add more z's at the beginning of the filename. Secondly, the uniform mod you're using may have a several different versions of the zeltbahn bmp, in which case my mod wouldn't work since it contains only one file. The way to fix that is to rezexplode my mod's brz and copy/paste two to three more versions of the zeltbahn bmp. Number the extra files consecutively, e.g. "filename" 2.bmp ("filename" is the name of whatever the zeltbahn bmp is called). Rezpack those files and make sure the new brz loads last in your z folder.

Thanks for the advice mate. Tried all that and it seems to have fixed the problem at least on most scenarios. Cheers and thanks for the neat mod!