Screen Resolution Problem

Hi Drcorday,

Unfortunately for the original Global Conflict, running without Full Screen is the only solution, but for the newer Global Conflict expansions, running in Full Screen should work fine in Windows 8 as we've made adjustments specifically for that.

This includes the GOLD, Assault on Communism and Assault on Democracy expansions.

Hope this helps,

Hubert

I bought Global Conflict Gold but I'm still having issues. I get the following error when trying to run in Full Screen-

FAILED(draw_map_to_screen): Segmentation violation

If I change my desktop resolution before I run the game I can run it at a lower resolution but I'd rather not have to keep changing it. ;)

Well, I fixed this problem myself by buying the Assault on Democracy expansion. I can use any resolution in fullscreen mode under Windows 8.

Just so everyone knows, the Windows 8 fullscreen problem does still exist in the SC2 Global Conflict Gold expansion.

Hi Drcorday,

I had to double check but my guess is that you might be looking at the base Global Conflict game as that one goes to v1.07. GOLD only patches up to v1.04 and looking at the version notes, the Windows 8 fix was introduced in v1.03.

Hopefully this helps you track down the problem as it should say GOLD in the main screen when you launch the GOLD exe.

Hubert

Hubert,

As Klingon General Chang might say: I was incompetent, whether deliberately or as a result of age combined with drink. :o

Turns out that when I bought the Gold bundle I installed only the first half (base game) not realizing the installer continued on with the Gold expansion. I reinstalled and patched up and everything is fine now. Thanks so much for the help!